Brad Eden

Help Figure Out New Board Topic

Brad Eden

Coot asked me about Signatures; that info people add to Profile that appears under their Posts. Ive enabled them and you can go to your Profile (drop down menu at name on upper right) to Account Settings and enable to see Members sigs and add one. Mine was already there from the old board.

Brad Eden

Just testing chit.

image.jpeg

Brad Eden

More testing.

image.jpg

Fire Marshal Bill

Brad, keep testing, the pics of the dog/grounds & home are nice. 

MAArcher

I vote for extended editing time.  24 hours?  I wont sleep tonight because I cant go back and fix spelling errors in my post.  

Question for you Brad, does it cost you more if we upload photo's directly, rather than a photobucket link?  I could never get my photos to upload directly on the old board and its so easy on this one I'm be tempted to use it all the time but if it costs more I'd continue using photobucket.

MAArcher

TIP: If anyone is like me, you wish that you could get a better look at some of the UJ memberships profile pictures.  I just found that if you go to a persons profile and click on the picture it reveals the whole picture, its still small but at least you can see the whole thing.  I clicked on Carlos Slims to get a better look and not only could I see better that it was a pic of a cowboy and a dog on a horse, there's a caption that says "Designated Driver".

bntsetter

Does anyone know of a way to search for unread content but to return only the topic title and not the individual posts?  Kinda like the new posts button on the old board..

thanks,

Keith

MAArcher
4 hours ago, bntsetter said:

Does anyone know of a way to search for unread content but to return only the topic title and not the individual posts?  Kinda like the new posts button on the old board..

thanks,

Keith

Under "Activity" choose "Unread Content" then on the right hand side click on the icon that says "Show Condensed View" when you hover your pointer over it.  

Is that what you're looking for?

bntsetter

Kinda but not really as it breaks things down by day and individual posts not topic title. But it might be close enough.

Jazz4Brazo

I miss having the poster's location shown under their profile name...it added a lot of "regional" perspective to threads...seems now you would have to check out each profile to do so unless there is a way to change view/detail option.

Not a fan of community rating but do like the "like" button as an easy way of showing support/agreement for us lazy folk xD

J4B

Hub

X2 on the location thing...I like getting an idea of where people are located

rosies dad

Cant remember when I last posted, just saying thanks for the invite and I'm onboard UJ II.

Brad, well done. Its a little updated but still has the familiarity. We will adjust easily (for the most part)

Brad Eden
19 minutes ago, Hub said:

X2 on the location thing...I like getting an idea of where people are located

Repeat from ADMIN NOTES TOPIC: Members can set a Location in their Profile by going to Account Settings on drop down menu next to their name on upper right. If set, that does show up in a Members Profile.  So if you click a Members name and they have added a Location you see it. But not under Avatars in posts. I havent found a way to change that. But Ill keep looking..but it may be what it is. 

Brad Eden

As far as seeing New Posts...Click Unread Content link. You'll see a list of options to customize the Unread Content along top. Go to Time Period, and choose Since Last Visit. Thats close to old board, just another step but lots of other Options.

bntsetter
13 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

As far as seeing New Posts...Click Unread Content link. You'll see a list of options to customize the Unread Content along top. Go to Time Period, and choose Since Last Visit. Thats close to old board, just another step but lots of other Options.

Thanks Brad - That works perfectly.

Keith