• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Brad Eden

Help Figure Out New Board Topic

Canuck

Test

URL]

Brad Eden

Can someone help Canuck post a photo from Photobucket. I dont use a photohost site so knowledge is limited, but I do attach photos/URL's from a UJ .com folder I have. Seems many Members here have it licked. My understanding, and what works for me, is you click the "Insert other media" drop down menu on lower right, choose Insert Image From URL etc.,etc and if its a valid URL it will post.

Brad Eden

Still working on having locations (if Member has set them in profile) to show up n Posts under Avatar. It supposedly can be done, but Im not getting anywhere using the IPS Community board for help.

But here is something I just discoverd that is pretty cool. At the very bottom of Board/Topics on right is a "Next Unread Topic" link with the name of the next Topic in that particular Forum you haven't read, or has new Posts on since last visit. Handy.

Mike Elliott

I may have missed it but i always clicked 'view new posts" when ever I visited but can't find a way to do it with the new board. Ami I missing something Brad??

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, Mike Elliott said:

I may have missed it but i always clicked 'view new posts" when ever I visited but can't find a way to do it with the new board. Ami I missing something Brad??

Look 2 or 3 post up and its explained. Unread Content link with options covers that. Not as simple as old board but generally the same thing.

Brad Eden

Testing a uj .com URL

15wcgrouse.jpg

Brad Eden

OK, lets test something to do with paragraph spacing..

Oh good, that extra return space was bugging me...when stacking addresses, lists etc. Got rid of it.

Now a double return gives you the paragraph space. Cool.

Brad Eden

Out and about checking in on new UJ on iPhone. Really liking this mobile friendly "experience".?

bntsetter

OK - Quick question.  I like how you can search for any new topics that you have missed since you last arrival BUT the multiple page threads don't give the option of clicking on the last page. suggestions? work around?

Marc
2 hours ago, bntsetter said:

OK - Quick question.  I like how you can search for any new topics that you have missed since you last arrival BUT the multiple page threads don't give the option of clicking on the last page. suggestions? work around?

I was wondering something similar myself - How can I easily get to where I was last reading the thread?

For a multipage thread you have to first go to the thread and then click the link to the last page. It would be convenient to brought to where you last left off reading. 

Brad Eden

I guess I dont see the problem. If you go to main Forum listing the number of pages are listed next to title of the Topic, so you can click whatever page you want. If you are on a Topic the pages are numbered at top and bottom so you can click whatever page you want. I understand that when leaving a Topic, when you come back it doesnt automatically take you to the exact spot on the Topic you left off. But geeez....all things considerred...B|

i wish there was a To Top button so you didnt need to scroll as much on a Tablet.

Oh, and note that at bottom of the board on right, when on a Topic is a "Next Unread Topic" link that automatically takes you to the next unread Topic in that Forum.

VizslavsBird

Is there a place that indicates who is on line or has been to the site that day?  I remember that on the old board but haven't been able to find it here.  Always used it to gauge if 'things' were really hoping.

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, VizslavsBird said:

Is there a place that indicates who is on line or has been to the site that day?  I remember that on the old board but haven't been able to find it here.  Always used it to gauge if 'things' were really hoping.

Up top click Online Users. Shows who is online at any given time.

VizslavsBird

LOL, thanks  Brad.  Nothing like hiding in plain sight!

Uplander

Can the pinned threads be shrunk any?  They take up a heck of a lot of real estate at the top of the forums....