FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Help Figure Out New Board Topic

Brad Eden
8 hours ago, Uplander said:

Can the pinned threads be shrunk any?  They take up a heck of a lot of real estate at the top of the forums....

I agree, but don't think I can reduce the size. They took up the same amount of real state on old board, but were separated from other Topics so were less visually 'in your face'. 

Brad Eden

Testing a new Reply Preview function that was included in an Upgrade performed yesterday and I just added.  The magnify icon on far right of toolbar above Post/Reply Field.

OK, it lets you see what your list will look like on Desktop, Tablet or phone. That's cool, but it doesn't et you edit it in that Preview window. You X out and make needed edits before clicking Submit Reply.

This new Preview tool doesn't seem to show up when making a new Topic, at least it doesn't show up in the abbreviated Toolbox on this iPad. Ill try phone and iMac later.

browndrake
On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 7:41 AM, bntsetter said:

OK - Quick question.  I like how you can search for any new topics that you have missed since you last arrival BUT the multiple page threads don't give the option of clicking on the last page. suggestions? work around?

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Marc said:

I was wondering something similar myself - How can I easily get to where I was last reading the thread?

For a multipage thread you have to first go to the thread and then click the link to the last page. It would be convenient to brought to where you last left off reading. 

It has been staring us in the face.....If you sort by unread content, it will return a list of all threads that are new or have been added to since you last read them.  To the left of the thread title there is either a circle (if you haven't posted in the thread) or a star (if you have posted in the thread).  If you click on the circle or star, it will take you to your first unread post.

Brad Eden

Good catch browndrake. This board needs a printed or PDF Users Guide for Admins, Mods and Members! There are so many features that aren't even covered in my Administration documentation.

I have only scratched the surface myself.

Another feature is at the end of the Category bands is an arrow. Click it and you can make entire Categories with Forums disappear, until you reclick the arrow. So, if you rarely view a certain Category you can make it unviewable so scrolling the Main Board page is quicker etc. Just remember to check those hidden Categories/Forums every once in a while so you don't miss anything.

Brad Eden

Photo test upload

image.jpeg