FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Skybuster

2016 Midwest UJ Fest June 10, 11, 12

dogrunner

Good can we have it for every meal?:D  Not much talk here I would be surprised with that many people. Jim anything we need to bring?

tricker
On 5/28/2016 at 8:15 AM, Skybuster said:

It looks like 23 attendees with 19 of them shooters. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everyone can make it.  

All attendees with dogs: Please note the three ponds next to the clubhouse are full of "tame" ducks. You may use the course to exercise your dogs but keep them under control past the ponds before letting them loose.

Thank you for letting me know they're tame ahead of time.

Also any requests for baked goods?  Wife's a semi pro so could have cookies or something to that regard in tow.

Skybuster

Adam, absolutely bring some baked goods... they'll disappear pronto. Dogrunner et al; bring the following:

Items to auction off to compensate for Brad's contributions to the shoot prizes, and mostly for the expense he incurred establishing this new site.

Clean pillow cases for those staying overnight.

Folding chairs.

The area restaurants do not take reservations on Friday evening, and waits are long for a table. We will need to leave the lodge no later than 5:00PM. I'd recommend the Sandpiper where we ate last year, just a short ride East of the club. I expect we will have 12-15 for dinner Friday evening, and 20 for Saturday night steaks on the grill. No telling for sure how many will show up for this event as several members are local and my drop in on Saturday (Popplecop and family, etc).

I'm headed to WW today with friends and will have more to add later.

fourtrax57

Skybuster,

At this late date, I will not be in attendance at all. Hoping for next year. Unplanned expenses shot this months budget.

dogrunner
3 hours ago, fourtrax57 said:

Skybuster,

At this late date, I will not be in attendance at all. Hoping for next year. Unplanned expenses shot this months budget.

:( Damn Steve, I was hoping to see you and the new dog Smoke.

ANF grousin

Steve, do like I do when I need some extra cash, pimp yourself out. Lotsa desperate wimmen out there looking for studs like us, should have plenty of cash to drive down next weekend. We'll keep one of those phunny pheasant beers cold for you.

GraceinVA
2 hours ago, ANF grousin said:

Steve, do like I do when I need some extra cash, pimp yourself out. Lotsa desperate wimmen out there looking for studs like us, should have plenty of cash to drive down next weekend. We'll keep one of those phunny pheasant beers cold for you.

Congrats Jeff...you got my first ever "like" on the new board. And I don't really know why...

probably because I literally laughed out loud in my office when I read this

Skybuster

Gents/Ladies,

Some last minute stuff. Shoot cards are $100 for 10 rounds. This is one heck of a discount from the normal $18.00/round of 50 targets. I'll buy up any unused punches for those that buy a card. There are special green score sheets for our group. Be sure to return them at the check-in counter so we can tally the scores. Please search your basements and garages for any items we can auction off to raise money for the UJ board. Looking forward to another great time with the group.

JJ

ANF grousin

Jim, you da man. Embarrassing myself while shooting just got cheaper.

If I talk one of the Leinie girls into coming back to the lodge of Friday night, would that be an appropriate auction item?

dogrunner
13 minutes ago, ANF grousin said:

Jim, you da man. Embarrassing myself while shooting just got cheaper.

If I talk one of the Leinie girls into coming back to the lodge of Friday night, would that be an appropriate auction item?

Sounds good to me, I'll do some bidding.

tricker

Talked to Cold Iron last night and I don't see he's gotten on here yet.  But he won't be able to make it.  Pup issues.

Cold Iron

Yeah I won't be able to make it this year, old dog is pretty bad shape. Really didn't expect him to come back from the Vet with me last week but they put him on antibiotics because they can't find anything wrong except blood in the intestines but no clue why. He is puking and crapping violent diarrhea at night, can hardly walk or stand some days. I can't leave him with the dog sitter like this. If something happens this week with him, going back to the vet midweek, I might still come and will find a place to stay and of course bring a steak for me to cook. I'm really going to miss the bacon it is worth the trip itself. And of course seeing everyone again.

dogrunner

Sorry to hear that Mike, I hope the dog gets better, we need a chef.

Wes Stueber

Sorry to hear about your dog, Cold Iron.  I have one that just turned 13, and I've been down that path too many times in the past.

Skybuster, I'll be bringing some auction items along to raise some capital for the UJ.

We look forward to driving up and meeting you all.  (I got out of working a Thurs. BINGO at my local VFW as I had this Fest planned for months now!). Take care.

Wes

Skybuster

Mike, sorry to hear about your dog issues. All we can do is rely on our vet's advice. You need not worry about bringing a steak or a place to sleep should you decide at the last minute; extra beds and steaks!

JJ