FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Skybuster

2016 Midwest UJ Fest June 10, 11, 12

ANF grousin

Bummer Mike, and I had some scrapple to bring along

Cold Iron
6 hours ago, ANF grousin said:

Bummer Mike, and I had some scrapple to bring along

I just did my first like on the new UJ board! Been cooking rice and ground beef for the old guy and it seems to help the last couple of days (finally). Think it is the pills he is on that is helping the most at times he almost acts like a puppy again. Then at times he struggles to just stand up. 

tricker

So haven't been to this place before.  When we're shooting is there a place I can put the dogs to keep them cool?  Supposed to be nearly 90 if i remember right on Saturday.

Skybuster

You'll have a couple choices; on the porch in the shade, inside in the game room lower area, and assuming you and the missus take the honeymoon suite in Lodge #2 a very large indoor mud room. When do you expect to arrive at the club? Some of us will be there  by noon Friday.

tricker

If there will be shooting on friday I'll be there for that.  I can aim for noon-1ish.  I'll confirm with the war department.  

Up North

I guess I'll be coming for the festivities. Should arrive shortly after noon Friday. Will be great to meet who all can make it!  Nick

61bhs

Wife has decided to come with me.  We will be staying in Lormira

Friday and Saturday. We will bring fresh garlic out of my garden to roast for the steak fry along with the bread to spred it on! Should arrive by 4pm Friday.

ANF grousin

Wow, a lot of people staying in Lomira this year. Guess Janice and I wont be able to enjoy a midnight skinny dip like we did the last couple years.

We should arrive mid-afternoon on Friday, just in time to shoot a round before heading out for the fish dinner. We'll be making a stop at the Gurnee Mills mall. Janice gets to shop Friday morning, I get to shoot at Northbrook Thursday evening.

dogrunner

Wow shooting at Northbrook, you must be a High Roller and know somebody to shoot there. You have really Stepped up your Game.

Skybuster
3 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Wow shooting at Northbrook, you must be a High Roller and know somebody to shoot there. You have really Stepped up your Game.

Yup, this is a members only club unless they are holding a registered event and you are an NSCA member. You might want to call ahead.

ANF grousin

Hah, I still suk at shooting, that will never change. Got an invitation and couldnt turn it down, was told it was like Disneyworld for shooters.

dogrunner

Once you shoot there all other clubs will seem cheap and easy. 

bullseyebill

Jeff, what time are you planning to shoot at Northbrook.  They are open until 9 on Thursday's.  If you go after work, Bill and I can possibly join you (we're members).

KerryLuft
On 6/7/2016 at 8:41 AM, Skybuster said:

Yup, this is a members only club unless they are holding a registered event and you are an NSCA member. You might want to call ahead.

Not quite true. You can shoot in hunters class at an NSCA event. Or you can shoot as a guest and it's not that hard to find a member who will sponsor you ... if you know where to look. 9_9

ANF grousin

Bacon is ready to go; belly on the bottom, shoulder, top left, jowl, top right
20160609_053452_zpseqwezsge.jpg