• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

MEMBER GROUPS & PRIVILEGES

Brad Eden

Member Groups for 2017 will stay relatively the same. They will be 2017 Contributing Members, Members, and of course Administrators and Moderators. (If unsure of Member Group look on your Profile or under your Avatar area on Posts.)

CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS are Members who have donated yearly to help keep the board online, and/or just appreciate this upland discussion community. This Group has Extra Perks; mainly they enjoy the ability to Upload Images. This Board has very advanced Uploading capabilities and Members can browse and place, or drag and drop, multiple photos to post in Replies...from their computers, tablets and smart phones. They can also post photos and videos via photohost sites and YouTube URL's directly into posts or through the Insert Other Media function. This Board is completely mobile friendly without the need for an outsourced app. Currently each C-Member has 100mb's of storage space for uploads and the max size for uploaded images is 6mb. I have enabled an auto resizing function so large photos will load to a post and to data at a web friendly size. C-Member can manage and prune their own uploads to stay within max storage limit. The C-Member Group has unlimited editing time for posts, posting privileges on the Swap & Trade Forum and other advanced capabilities. With advanced capabilities and cost of Data for Uploads with the new Board, I have adjusted the minimum donation-see below.

The MEMBERS Group maintains most all Member functionality, just like the old board, with the exception of the Photo Upload Feature and a few other perks for the C-Member group. (I expect I will need to purchase more Data as more Members donate to be in Contributing Member Group.) This Members Group can attach Photo and Video URL's, etc from photohost sites. Of note....to help decide whether to donate to the UJ Discussion Community; Upland Journal is not Facebook, with a multimillionaire owner, a stable of programmers and warehouses full of servers, but is a privately owned and maintained and moderated Discussion Forum that pays monthly for Server, bandwidth and data storage.

All Groups enjoy many of the same features because all Members are important regardless of donations, ambassadorship, or post count.

A minimum donation of $25 or above puts that Member in the Contributing Member Group with enhanced privileges for 1 year. (Donation amounts above the minimum are ultimately determined by the individual Member and the value they place on UJ.)

If any Member wishes to donate and be added to the Contributing Member Group I've added a Link to the Donation Page and address for checks below:

Donation Page

Checks:

Brad Eden

PO Box 172,

Frankfort, ME 04438

Thank You!

wilsoncs3980

Funds sent, Thanks Brad.........the new board looks great.

Kweeksdraw

Happy to have finally contributed.  A custom I intend to maintain.  You've done a great job here, Brad. Thanks!

Cheesy
On 1/15/2017 at 5:18 PM, Kweeksdraw said:

Happy to have finally contributed.  A custom I intend to maintain.  You've done a great job here, Brad. Thanks!

Same for me.  Always have intended to, finally took the time to fill out the paypal link just now.

thanks again

Noxin

Brad, You have been doing  a great service for a long time. Glad to be back! Here is my long over due contribution.