• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

ADMINISTRATOR & MODERATOR NOTES

Brad Eden

My Updates, observations, etc are getting scattered so Ill organize them here.

I PM'd...invited 75-100 more Members this morning. Those PM's have become very specific in explaining the Password problem when signing-in. So I expect a faster and more even flow of UJ Members. 

In all I am guessing I have "Invited" close to 500 Members, somewhat randomly, somewhat Member Group based, and mainly those I see are active and have logged-in to old board recently. Ill do some more PM Invites, but expect to announce the new Board/URL tomorrow or over weekend on old Board. I think the board can handle that.

Then the gloves are off and anyone here can spill the beans to any known UJers who may have missed this whole sideshow.

If all goes as planned, the old Board will 'cease to exist', on or around May 15th and be replaced with a Landing Page/Masthead/Banner link to this board. (Modern Boards are stand alone and generally cant be embedded in a website page, due to Mobile Friendliness etc.)

At that point I will ad Sponsor Ads to this board, tastefully, and Open most Forums to Guests...as in make it mostly Public...and at some point open Registration for new Members. I need to learn more AdminCP stuff first.

And as mentioned in an earlier Topic here...I know it is difficult breaking away from the old 14 year old board, but we gotta do it. I have now closed all Forums to Read Only and left the top 4 active. And those will be closed soon. Id appreciate it if those who have made it here, don't start any new Topics over there. Thanks.

sdspringer49

Thank you again Brad.  This is a wonderful product / service you have created for us....certainly worth far more than the occasional box of Cheezits! 

Edited by sdspringer49
Clarification

Dick Sellers

Brad, again thanks for getting this new board up and running.  I really like it.  Maybe I've missed an explanation, but I'm wondering why the "Location" information on our profiles isn't included on the new Board.  Obviously it's not essential info, but I always enjoy seeing where folks are from. 

Brad Eden

You can set a Location in your Profile by going to Account Settings on drop down menu next to your name on upper right. If set, that does show up in a Members Profile.  So if you click a Members name and they have added a Location you see it. But not under Avatars in posts. I havent found a way to change that. But Ill keep looking.

Brad Eden

Im doing overtime helping Members get signed-in. I will return emails and extend thank you's and set new Member Group for folks who have sent recent donations...as soon as I get a handle on things. Promise. Thanks!

Fire Marshal Bill

Brad, like we use to say at the fire house "we was do the best we was". Lol. Great job and thanks so much for all your hard work! 

Wayne

Brad Eden
On May 6, 2016 at 5:44 AM, Brad Eden said:

Im doing overtime helping Members get signed-in. I will return emails and extend thank you's and set new Member Group for folks who have sent recent donations...as soon as I get a handle on things. Promise. Thanks!

This still applies. Flat out helping Members get on board...and turkey guiding/helping and hunting. Will try and get caught up with Member Group/donation stuff as soon as possible.

Brad Eden

Im impressed with this Boards Support. As a monthly paying customer, I have the Support staff to help with issues and Upgrades. Since I first purchased this board Cloud Hosting and Data Plan there has been three Upgrades. One substantial Upgrade and two security patch type Upgrades. They let me now when an Upgrade is available and I write a Ticket on my Client Area on their website, and Support staff performs the Upgrade. We had one done just a few minutes ago. We didnt see an upgrade on old Board since 2006...