• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Mike Connally

Warning points

Mike Connally

I just checked my new profile and was very happy to see that I have not incurred any warning points yet. I'll do my best to keep it that way. 

You never know what something like that could do to your security clearance. 

Brad Eden

Probably disable that, except for troublemakers like you...

Cooter Brown

bobman's gonna wear that button out.

Mike Connally

I just noticed that Cooter has a community reputation of 3. Brad had 10 (as it should be). I have zero. 

How is it possible that a backwoods cracker like Cooter has a higher rep than a sophisticated urbanite like myself?  

Where's the love?  

charlo slim

So..... could I "like" myself 11 times and beat Brad?  And if not, why not?  But no complaints from me. Oh no, all this new stuff is really cool.  Likes (or not), warning points, what more could one want?  The Boss Hen was gawking over my shoulder and saw the part about "extended member" on my personal label doohickey,  Now she is claiming deceptive advertising,

polecat
1 hour ago, charlo slim said:

So..... could I "like" myself 11 times and beat Brad?  And if not, why not?  But no complaints from me. Oh no, all this new stuff is really cool.  Likes (or not), warning points, what more could one want?  The Boss Hen was gawking over my shoulder and saw the part about "extended member" on my personal label doohickey,  Now she is claiming deceptive advertising,

Good one.

charlo slim

Advanced.....Extended...... whatever.  Either way, she is calling foul.  

polecat

You know what a magician once told me" it's not the length of the wand but the magic of the rabbit...."

Brad Eden

I can set the Like thing so you can Like yourself but I have that disabled. Too much Liking of oneself can lead to blindness. Where are my glasses...

Mike Connally

Ok. Now I get it. Your community reputation is how many times people like your posts. 

I was beginning to wonder if someone had talked to my neighbors....

Wyo

Ha ha! I too had just noticed the "Warning Points" and "Community Reputation" :) My first thought for this crowd was "oh my" plus there would be a lot of + & - points cancelling each other out.

I'm really liking the new site, especially the photo hosting. Either they've really messed up PhotoBucket or it's just plain darn near broken.  Have all UJ members been invited over yet or just us special ones,  the "chosen few" ?

Good job, Brad!

northern_hunting_mom

Photobucket takes forever to load. I really like the photo upload feature for contributing members. I don't want to abuse it though since Brad has to pay for it.

NECarson
On 5/8/2016 at 4:51 AM, Brad Eden said:

I can set the Like thing so you can Like yourself but I have that disabled. Too much Liking of oneself can lead to blindness. Where are my glasses...

As I told a friend that likes everything she posts on Facebook... 

I'm assuming you like it, you posted it! 

RuffChaser

I'd like to know how one gets a warning?? This is just so i know what I SHOULDN"T be doing. I would never intentionally cause Brad any grief.

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, RuffChaser said:

I'd like to know how one gets a warning?? This is just so i know what I SHOULDN"T be doing. I would never intentionally cause Brad any grief.

There is some sort of warning points system where I can warn Members if they are breaking Board Rules or just being PIA's, with restriction on activity assigned to points, etc. I haven't really looked into it. I'll probably disable it like I did the Reputation thing. I'd rather take a more personal approach like Postholing content and Messaging Members to cut the chit.