Mike Connally

Warning points

RuffChaser

I get it and I like the idea. Maybe you can show it below the number of posts. I think it would be a better indicator of ones level of participation. Some examples on what would be worthy of a warning would be great. If you need help with examples I am sure of few of us have some ideas and we could just post them for you if you'd like to get the ball rolling:)

ANF grousin

There is some sort of warning points system where we can warn Members if they are breaking Board Rules or just being PIA's, with restriction on activity assigned to points, etc. I haven't really looked into it. I'll probably disable it like I did the Reputation thing. I'd rather take a more personal approach like Postholing content and Messaging Members to cut the chit.

I sorta like the warning system, we can use to keep members on their toes. Sorta like I just warned the grandkids they better be off their electronics in 5 minute. Of course you can just tell me to go make luv to myself like their grandmother does..

Lil Kahuna.

Brad Eden

I disabled the warning points system. Postholing and castigating and removing posting privileges etc. has worked for 14+ years...

Remo
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

I disabled the warning points system. Postholing and castigating and removing posting privileges etc. has worked for 14+ years...

Darn it. I wanted to give Bobman warning points. Guess I'll just have to castigate him.

charlo slim
47 minutes ago, Remo said:

Darn it. I wanted to give Bobman warning points. Guess I'll just have to castigate him.

Some say that, contrary to popular belief, castigation has little if any effectiveness in taming unruly behavior -- I read it right here on UJ.

Remo

Castigate? Oh, cas-ti-gate. That changes things.