• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Brad Eden

PLACING AVATARS

Brad Eden
  1. Go to your name on upper right, to drop down menu/Profile.
  2. Click the little icon on or next to the Avatar Photo area on left.
  3. From there you can Upload a photo...drag/drop, browse/attach an Avatar Photo depending on what device you are on. Or choose to import from a URL
  4. I increased the allotted size of those Photos so unless its gargantuan, it should be good to go.
  5. Position the photo before Saving.

Natty Bumpo
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:
  1. Go to your Profile.
  2. Click the little icon on or next to the round Avatar area
  3. From there you can drag/drop, browse/attach an Avatar Photo depending on what device you are on.
  4. I increased the allotted size of those Photos so unless its gargantuan, it should be good to go.

OK, got one to work but the oval frame cropped off Scouty's ear. :(

Can avatars be edited??

JK SE PA

Yes you can edit the avatar.  It let me move the photo around and choose what I wanted to cropped.  This is the easiest board I have ever tried to post photos on.  Nice job Brad!

WPG Gizmo

You should be able to crop your photo on your photo site in order to make it fit the way you want

Brad Eden

Yes, upload it again and position photo where you want it. Im not a huge fan of these round Avatars. Ill check to see if they can be square or rectangle but don't think so.

trust me

You can see I obviously had trouble getting my square head to fit in the round hole.  Moving it around just crops a different part. Brad, if you can hack in and fix it for me, I'd appreciate it.

Brad Eden

Nothing I can do that you cant within the confines of my AdminCP. As you said Square pegs dont fit in round holes. I cant find any function that will change the round to square on Avatars.

Brad Eden

To top...

JDThorstad

Does this function work with iPhone?  Hit browse and nothing happens.

Brad Eden
4 hours ago, JDThorstad said:

Does this function work with iPhone?  Hit browse and nothing happens.

Should. I just made sure. 

Went to my Profile on my iPhone.

Clicked the little icon on upper left and Profile Photo field opened.

I chose the Upload Photo option in list.

Then clicked the Choose Single File/Upload Photo blue box.

That allowed me to click my Photo Library and choose a photo.

It uploaded (but no photo appears on iPhone, but says Done) I clicked Save and new Avatar Photo appeared.

I adjusted placement in square, Clicked Save and all worked.

JDThorstad
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Should. I just made sure. 

Went to my Profile on my iPhone.

Clicked the little icon on upper left and Profile Photo field opened.

I chose the Upload Photo option in list.

Then clicked the Choose Single File/Upload Photo blue box.

That allowed me to click my Photo Library and choose a photo.

It uploaded (but no photo appears on iPhone, but says Done) I clicked Save and new Avatar Photo appeared.

I adjusted placement in square, Clicked Save and all worked.

Odd, when I click "Choose single file" nothing happens.  I'll figure it out a different way.  Thanks!

Brad Eden

Try signing out and in again to board, restart browser etc. Sometimes cookies can glom things up.

dogrunner

I finally got mine to work off my iphone, but only certain pics will load others say they are too big. Not sure why I thought all the pics were the same on my phone, apparently not the way it works. 

Brad Eden

I just upped the upload size for Profile/Avatar photos to 1.5 mg for all active Member Groups. That function doesn't allow unlimited size for some reason. Other uploading on board has unlimited photo size which I have enabled for C-Member Group.

A trick I do--if a photo I want to use is too big to upload in any social media venue--is, I email it to myself from IPad or IPhone. Those devices allow you to choose a size from small to original size before sending. I choose Medium. Then I open the email and save the image back to device/photo library and it's now in a mobile/web friendly size...for uploading.

polecat

I have many photos on photobucket.How can I get an avatar pic over? My pic was resized very small...i