Brad Eden

Personal MESSAGING

Brad Eden

This board, like everything else has an advanced Personal Messaging System. I am getting use it myself. The Envelope Icon up top is the door to your Messaging. Messages between Members become "conversations"...basically there own mini private Topics.  So no need for a Sent Box. You can message any Member by 'Compose New, button through that Icon or click a Members Name anywhere on Board and there is a Message function on their Profile. What is cool is you simply start typing the Members name in the "To" field and it finds that Member and you click the name and its set. This is great if Messaging more than one person. When you review any Messages you see who it was sent to and if they have read it yet, etc. You can delete Messages, and set the Notifications (Bell Icon up top) to decide how and if you want to be notified of any new Messages. Again Im exploring it myself. So, make sure to glance up at the Envelope Icon to see if it indicates any new Messages.

bigjohnsd

Where is said envelope supposed to be seen?

browndrake

messaging.jpg

Brad Eden

Cant get more definitive than that there.:)

bigjohnsd

:D

Cooter Brown
17 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Cant get more definitive than that there.:)

What about the colorblind?

Are you some kind of colorblindophobe?

Brad Eden

I'm noticing that when I go to my InBox and check old Messages/Conversations, that many Members haven't read them yet. I think that's because there doesn't seem to be any "Indication" at that Message/Envelope like a red number or something to indicate that there are new Messages or Unread Messages...thus people aren't clicking that Envelope icon to check Messages.

CLICK THE ENVELOPE AND CHECK MESSAGES

I am looking into this and hope there is something I can enable to better indicate Messages are waiting. 

In the meantime, there are custom Notification Controls Members can enable to get notified of all sorts of stuff including Messages. Click the Bell icon next to Envelope and at Top and click Notification Settings on upper right  (or access that though your a Profile.) Scroll down, lots of options...Don't forget to click Save.

Skybuster

Any time I get a message from someone on this board I'm notified by email there's a message waiting. All I need do is click on the envelope icon above.

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, Skybuster said:

Any time I get a message from someone on this board I'm notified by email there's a message waiting. All I need do is click on the envelope icon above.

Yes, good point. That is a Notification option Members can set if they go to Notification Settings. I get so many emails already, many generated as admin/owner of this boards that I don't want more. Id like a Red bullet with a number on Envelope like there is on the Bell Notification Icon, so a quick glance tells me there are Unread Messages. Im looking through all my Message Admin functions but haven't found anything.

Hey Skybuster, Send me a Message. I want to see how I receive it.

Brad Eden

OK I reset some Message stuff in AdminCP and now I am getting a red bullet with a number on the Envelope of how many Messages I have waiting. Very good.

ckfowler180

How to access messaging when on phone as I don't see that envelope. Closest looking icon pulls up activity. 

browndrake

Click on the 'Menu' icon.   It will open up another window with the messaging icon.

pmSmall1.jpgpmSmall2.jpg

Brad Eden

Thanks browndrake. You can also click a Members name and there is a direct Message function on Profile. What I really like is when creating a new Message, all you have to do is start to type in a Members User Name and a list of Members Pops up and you click whatever Members you want to send to.

ckfowler180

Perfect, thanks!