• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Brad Eden

NEW MEMBER REGISTRATION INFO

Brad Eden

Guests/Visitors,

Welcome to the new and improved Upland Journal Discussion Forums. The 14 year + old Upland Journal Bulletin Board just went through a complicated Software Conversion.

The UJ Board has always been largely a public resource as opposed to a Private Members Only Board, and I intend to keep it that way.

Once registered and if there are no spam or troll indications, you will be authorized within a day or so.

I STRONGLY suggest New Registrants read the Board Guidelines linked below. Many may have "lurked" for awhile and understand the "culture" at UJ, others may have stumbled upon this Discussion Community and NEED to read the Guidelines. These Rules are strictly enforced.

PLEASE do not use a business name (Kennel, Guiding/Outfitter, etc.) as a User Name.

UJ BOARD GUIDELINES

Thank you Guests and Visitors for accessing the UJBB as a resource and entertainment in the past, and interest in viewing the New Board as a Guest, and becoming a Registered Member to the New and Improved Upland Journal Board.

marysburg

Thanks Brad, I am glad to be able to take the opportunity to join the UJ Forum today.  I appreciate the friendly atmosphere on this forum, and your efforts to keep it so.  Glad to be here!  marysburg.

Brad Eden

I am going to try leaving Member Registration open for extended periods of time. The spam prevention functions seem to be working. Interested people can check the sign-in area at top right to see if Registration is an option.

The reason I have Location and Interests enabled for registration is that outside of a clearly bogus User Name it enables me to possibly detect spam or troll registrations.

The UJ Board is dependent on Member Donations to stay online as an Online Community and Upland resource. Contributing Members enjoy enhanced Board privileges. Info on Member Groups and Donation payment here:

MEMBER GROUPS

Shotster

Brad,

As you know...I am computer challenged (what is that label you use...luddite...whatever that is), so...I was signed out by some gremlin, and I cannot get resigned in. I have found the place to do this, but...using Shotster does not work, and I don't even recall using a password. So...while I don't like "change", and don't personally care for the new format (sorry...I know you worked hard to get this new thingy in place...it is just too hard for me to navigate currently), I am locked out.

Any suggestions?

Shotster

Brad Eden
30 minutes ago, Shotster said:

Brad,

As you know...I am computer challenged (what is that label you use...luddite...whatever that is), so...I was signed out by some gremlin, and I cannot get resigned in. I have found the place to do this, but...using Shotster does not work, and I don't even recall using a password. So...while I don't like "change", and don't personally care for the new format (sorry...I know you worked hard to get this new thingy in place...it is just too hard for me to navigate currently), I am locked out.

Any suggestions?

Shotster

Scott, In order to have posted here you would have needed to sign-in, so I don't understand the problem. Your Post appears with Shotster as User Name and 2016 Contributing Member so that indicates a successful sign-in. So apparently you are not locked out. Guests cannot sign-in nor post.

I can reset your Password or a Password for you if that is an issue. Just Message me from envelope icon at top of Board or email me whatever Password you desire.