• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Brad Eden

END OF AN ERA-Old BB...

Brad Eden

Ive given notice to my Server folks to remove the Old BB from the UJ Site-Upland Talk page on May 31st.

Ive supplied them with a Banner/Masthead link to New Board to replace where it has resided for over 14 years. (Again as Ive mentioned repeatedly, this modern Board can not be embedded into a website page like old Board.) So there will be some confusion, always is, when anyone tries to go to old BB. The URL will be changed since old address was linked into the old Board code...blah, blah, blah...

Eventually, as I learn more about this Boards capabilities, the Upland Gear store and UJ Donation function will be migrated here. In the meantime they will stay on the UJ Website and I will link to them from here. 

So there you go, we will hold a Celebration of Life or something here.

trust me

I'm not nostalgic about some old software.  It's the usual list of suspects/members that make the board what it is.

Brad Eden

Certainly true. As an Admin, Moderator, and Member I had a bit more of an intimate relationship with the megabytes. There are some aspects I will miss and many more I won't. 

WPG Gizmo

The Old board has seen a lot of people come and go, same with a lot of good dogs.  There have been a lot of great times and memories that were born there.  It may be gone but it will never be forgotten, now we have a new board and it is time to make new memories.

polecat
8 hours ago, WPG Gizmo said:

The Old board has seen a lot of people come and go, same with a lot of good dogs.  There have been a lot of great times and memories that were born there.  It may be gone but it will never be forgotten, now we have a new board and it is time to make new memories.

Very true Gary.Lots of good times, good dogs, good friends,good memories,good food ,good deeds and lots of smiles.We will go on.

Cooter Brown
8 hours ago, WPG Gizmo said:

Well put.

I'm damned glad that they were able to convert the old content.  It's also much easier now than it was before to search and find some of those great old posts.

Losing all that old stuff would have been a bummer.

Don Steese

I can't believe me and a lot of other people have been kicking around here for over 14 years. Lotta water under the bridge since this thing started and some of us old pharts aren't ready to quit yet!!  I like the new board even better than the old one if for no other reason that ease of posting photos. 

bigjohnsd

I've met and shared some great times with a lot of good folks through this board. 

Thanks Brad for keeping it going!

Brad Eden

D-Day...

Old thread worn UJ BB is going to be removed sometime today.

A Banner/Link like the masthead above will take its place on the UJ website Upland Talk Page. That link will direct to this new Board. This Boards is predominantly Open/Public so Members who slacked off on checking into old board can read the Sign-In Topic I made and Pinned to this Forum. Also Guests can read about Registration on a separate Topic. And Ad Sponsors can read about my plans to add their ads to this Board as a supplement to their placement on the UJ website

gaberdeen

Good bye old friend. You certainly changed my life!

hayslope

I was predominately a "solo" hunter prior to joining UJ.  Those solo days are few and far between now.........pretty much due to the fellow grouse nuts that I've met through UJ!  I loved the "old" UJ.........but the "new" UJ is even better!

Fire Marshal Bill

I haven't been around as long as some you folks so I won't miss the old board like some of you. But I sure do like the new board!! Thanks Brad.

Brad Eden

Its done...the last shovel of dirt has been thrown...Old Board has been replaced with a banner link to this new Board (too small, but am placing a larger one momentarily) (Don't ask...as Ive mentioned repeatedly, this new Board can't be embedded into a website like the old board was due to Mobile Friendliness etc.) The long convoluted URL to old Board has been redirected to the same Upland Talk page.

Rest in Peace you old, cranky, outdated, obsolete, non-updated, ancient coded Bulletin Board...you done good and were the conduit to a load of friendships and dog connections over your 14+ year life...

bruski

End of an era. I'd lift a cold one to the old and the new but I've stopped drinking.

...That and the fact it's not even 9.00 AM here.

OH Grouser

Time waits for no man, or dog - maybe that's true for old boards as well.  A toast to the old, and to the new...everything seems to be working out quite nicely here. 

Roger

IMG_20160531_201222_512[1].jpg