• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
polecat

2016 Catskill food plan.

polecat

Sounds good Jeff.

hayslope

Do we have a head count for the folks arriving on Thursday?  I could roust up something else to bring for Thursday evening.  Maybe steaks for the grill or BBQ if anyone is up for that.

ruffneck

After the head count how about a whole beef fillet or 2  ,cut them into steaks, wrap in bacon and grill. Along with some sides . We can share the cost of the beef . 

Just a thought. 

I am planning  to come Thursday. !

hayslope

I'd be game for a whole filet - except for the bacon aspect (prefer those two things separate!). If we think two would be the way to go, I'd be willing to pick one up.  BTW - we do a whole filet (minus the chateaubriand end) on the grill to medium rare.  Let it rest, then slice it, either thin slices or steaks.  Folks that like it more towards medium get the end sections.  Has always turned out great.

We'll see if anyone pipes in on this.  If not, I'll eat almost anything that's there!!  Food at this gathering is something that's never lacking!!

ruffneck

Either way I'm in. I'll eat anything  that won't eat me first!!

polecat
10 hours ago, hayslope said:

Do we have a head count for the folks arriving on Thursday?  I could roust up something else to bring for Thursday evening.  Maybe steaks for the grill or BBQ if anyone is up for that.

So far Polecat

Hayslope

Irish Joe

Delahunter plus one?

Gaberdeen

Ted

Kurt and wife maybe

Ruffneck

I will make some coleslaw,I heard a rumor of blueberry pie and ice cream for a nightcap.

hayslope

I think Al is coming on Thursday - that puts us around 11.  As we get closer, we can make a decision.

If the Thursday gang leans more towards BBQ, I have a big 'ol boy near me that owns two BBQ joints.  He has mastered the art of smoke and pretty much every regional bbq style that you can think of.....save one......Texas style brisket.  Now his is good, don't get me wrong, but after working down in Texas for a few years back in the day, I got to know what good was like.....brisket-wise!  His is delicious but just isn't in the same league as those Texas joints where the only damn bbq meat on their menu is brisket!  The rest.......Pork, chicken, "dinosaur-style" beef ribs, you name it, he does it like the master that he is.  Anyhow, with some advanced notice, I could put an order in for whatever trips your trigger.  Or.......we can save our energy and just do something simple......after all, there's only a dozen or so of us!

Speaking of brisket........damn!!!!  Gary - I'm ready for you to do your magic!

gunsrus

I'm not picky , I'll eat anything except goat . 

Cabin 3 , leave the goat alone !

polecat

I will have my large charcoal grill and Ruffneck is bringing some real charcoal

hayslope

I know nobody is picky......but any input on something for Thursday night?

polecat

I like Steak,I will have some kabobs also.

gaberdeen
2 hours ago, polecat said:

I like Steak,I will have some kabobs also.

I like steak too. Shrimp goes well with steak. I will bring some shrimp.

Zoli 16ga.

I'll bring a half dozen aluminum trays and a couple of slabs of Canadian peameal bacon for breakfast.

Jeff....you have to show up! You taught me everything I know about corn hole'n.....well you and a couple of other guys......

Don.

ANF grousin

Jeff....you have to show up! You taught me everything I know about corn hole'n.....well you and a couple of other guys......

Those are secrets that can only be learned at the ANF gathering, more privacy out there if you know what I mean.

Field Grade

I will bring some chorizo sausage to grill, folks seemed to like that last year.

We will have enough provisions to last a month!

Rob J.