FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
blanked

Magnetic car hide a key

Chukarman

I put my key in my pocket before I leave the truck. When I get back, I take it out of my pocket...:ph34r:

UplandHntr

My Explorer has an auto open lock feature when the key is in your pocket and you put your hand on the door handle, the locks open. I dont think hiding a key under the vehicle would be a good idea. Any schmuck that is checking for open doors would be pleasantly surprised when he heard the locks open when he touched the door handle. As an aside, my wife does double and triple seam all of the bottom of the pockets in my hunting pants to avoid holes etc.

Doubleplay

I have an application on my phone that can open, lock and start my truck remotely. All I need is my phone and a signal.

bmeador

I carry both sets of keys in the zippered back pouch of my vest.  Have never lost one of them yet.

Brad Eden

I keep my spare truck key in my wallet. I got two keys with my '06 Tundra. One with a thick plastic coating over top of key and a spare flat metal one. Flat one stays on my person.

Flyline

When I hunt, I keep two sets with me. One goes in my pocket, the other goes in the gas filler door. Obviously this won't work if your gas cap has an inside release to it. Nobody puts gas in my vehicle but me. Makes it easy to remember where it is. Never have had to use it, though.

Dogwood
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, Flyline said:

When I hunt, I keep two sets with me. One goes in my pocket, the other goes in the gas filler door. Obviously this won't work if your gas cap has an inside release to it. Nobody puts gas in my vehicle but me. Makes it easy to remember where it is. Never have had to use it, though.

Everybody leaves a key there hence it's the first place a thief will look.  That and the tail pipe.

Spin
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:53 PM, trust me said:

Zip tie to a brake line.  Flop down in the mud with a pocketknife, you got your key.

"                                 " Flop down in the mud with a pocketknife"       That's what I like about T.M., Brutal honesty!

Flairball

When I drove my Bronco I always kept a spare key in my wallet. They were flat and I could do that. I figured, I've lost my keys, and I've lost my wallet, but never at the same time, so...

Now I always keep a spare key on a lanyard around my neck, tucked inside my shirt so I don't grab it when going for the dog whistle. So far, so good.

bobman

i have copies and give a set to everyone i'm hunting with and carry two sets in my pockets

Hettmoe

I always keep one behind my front license plate, with the screw running through it. I may have to cut the plastic off of it and drill a larger hole through it, but I can always retrieve it with a pocketknife or a dime.

Hub

I'd never have another truck without a key code on the door panel.  I think it might even be standard on F-150's now.  I keep my spare key in the cab.

Birdcountry70

I went on a weekend fishing trip with my cousin one time. When we arrived at our camp spot way up in the mountains the magnetic hide a key was sticking to the tailgate. Apparently it had fallen off the inside of the front bumper where he had put it, hit the ground, bounced off of the camper we were pulling and landed there.