• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
Cedar Swamp

"Bridge" puppy?

Brad Eden

I guess dogs are like kids. There is a certain amount of resentment when a new one arrives. Depends on the dog I guess. My Golden Barnaby accepted Jessi the ESS, Jessi rejected Jake, Jake tolerated Cash, Cash gets along fine with Luna.

rideold

I've had good luck playing the pack mentality on animals when new ones come into the house.  Have someone else bring the new one in so you aren't the instigator and then ignore both of them for a day or two so they bond together as the pack and then they aren't fighting each other for your attention.

Cedar Swamp

Thanks for all the thoughtful responses. I'd expected a whole bunch of "Of course you should get a puppy!" responses, so was surprised a bit to read so many "I'd give that some thought" responses.

By the time I read all your responses, all the pups from that litter were sold. Thanks for making the decision so easy B|

Cedar Swamp

My wife Nancy went to peek at that cursed litter of ECS pups at my neighbor's house yesterday, "just to see how they're doing." The expression on her face does not bode well for my one-dog-at-a-time inclinations :-(

They are, I think, 15 days old.

puppy.JPG

studdog

Your done!  It will work out I'm sure.  

Fins and Feathers

Resistance is futile. 

Greg Hartman

Congrats on what will certainly be your new pup!!  :D

Sage Hen

Sometimes when we are trying to figure out what should happen,what should happen does.