rawhide

KNOTSMITH Custom Braided Lanyards 2016

rawhide

If you want to add a custom braided lanyard to your hunting gear/ensemble in time for the 2016 fall hunting seasons, look at my web pages, contact me, and place your order before July 1.  Please mention UJ, tell me when your opening day is,  and I will try very hard to deliver your lanyard in time for you to start the season wearing it.  Thanks.

Larry Smith

LSmith@knotsmith.com

213 893-9003

T2Classic5.jpg

T2FN, T2 Lanyard with a flat-braided neck in saddle tan kangaroo with 2 brass flush counters, brass swivels, a brass 100C Tru-Nord compass, and a 60 1/2  brass Acme Thunderer logo whistle. 

Edited by rawhide
Label the picture.

Brad Eden

Wonderful craftsmanship from a UJ Member and UJ Ad Sponsor.

Craig Doherty

Now have two of Larry's lanyards.  They are exquisite works of art that, like a fine shotgun, enhance the esthetics of the upland experience.  My single lanyard I use every day training and field trialing.  My one with the counters I save for the days I'm hunting and guiding when I actually keep count of flushes for my log.  

P2240283_zpsbbqzcfxp.jpg

rawhide

Thanks for your comment, Brad.  I wholeheartedly add my appreciation for the new UJ you have created. Thank you for providing this forum.  I enjoy it daily.  And the UJ remodeling reminds me how badly my own web pages need updating.

Thank you Craig for your kind assessment.  In that, you have stated my goal in making custom braided lanyards.  I am gratified that your lanyards serve you well and that you enjoy wearing and using them.  And thanks to all of you who have allowed me to make lanyards for you over the years.

After 25 years of making custom braided lanyards, I am still discovering ways to make lanyards better and more versatile.  It is not uncommon for customers to have more than one of my lanyards, e.g., one dedicated to training, one to upland hunting, one for waterfowl hunting, and or one for fly fishing, etc.., and each of those can have its own color scheme and other differences suitable to the intended use.  However, in recent years it has become more common for customers to create a versatile lanyard system either in their first purchase or by later ordering accessories to add to a lanyard previously ordered.   Hitch loops are the innovation that makes this versatility possible.   That is, by putting accessories such as an extra whistle, a compass, one or two counters, call loops, or clips on one or more hitch loops, T2 lanyards or T3 leash lanyards can be adapted to different activities.  One can carry only what is needed, and attached to the cheeks of the lanyard, the accessories are carried more comfortably and are more  efficient to use than they would be carried on the bottom of the lanyard.

Perhaps the best example of a versatile lanyard system is the following: A customer who trains and hunts labs ordered a T2FL (fixed loop) lanyard with one drop and a whistle that meets his training and some trialing needs.  To serve his guiding and waterfowl hunting he also ordered two sets of detachable double call loops to put on the lanyard.  The hitch loops can be removed from the lanyard without removing the calls from the call loops. To use in grouse and woodcock hunting, he later ordered a hitch loop with one drop and a clip to carry a transmitter and a hitch loop with two drops carrying two counters one drop and a compass on the other drop . 

Another customer was even able to convert his upland lanyard to a fly fishing lanyard using hitch loops.   

As has always been the case, I learn and make advancements by responding to the challenges presented by my customers, and I would be pleased to make a lanyard for you and or to add a hitch loop to a lanyard that I have previously made for you.  I wish you a good summer and bountiful seasons this fall!

Larry

ThreeDogs

What about fly fishing lanyards???

rawhide

The first post in this thread referred to custom braided upland (and I suppose by default, waterfowl) hunting lanyards.  It was a reminder that, given the length of my order list, one should confirm an order by July 1 if one wanted to have the lanyard before fall hunting seasons typically start, and it was an offer to give some priority to those in UJ who responded by that date.  Obviously, that deadline has past.  The order list is typically 4  months long, i.e., the expected delivery date will be about 4 months after an order is confirmed.

Now, to your question "What about fly fishing lanyards???".  If you mean do I  make custom braided,  dedicated fly fishing lanyards, yes I do, and an examples are shown below, you may order one, and the expected delivery date would be the same as above.  If your question pertains to custom braided versatile lanyard systems discussed in my last post above, I had made an upland lanyard for a customer, and rather than having me make a separate fly fishing lanyard he asked if  he could convert his upland lanyard to a fly fishing lanyard by adding hitch loops, with clips and rings, to both cheeks so that items appropriate to fly fishing could be carried. We discussed the design, I made the hitch loops, and I was told the system worked.  Unfortunately I did not make pictures of  those hitch loops, but they are similar to hitch loops shown on my web pages.  At the end of fly fishing season, the hitch loops can be removed and the lanyard will revert to being used in upland bird hunting.

If you have one of my custom braided upland lanyards, you may order hitch loop accessories equipped to meet your needs.   Or hitch loops can be ordered when you place an order for a lanyard.  But I only make and sell accessories and attachments for lanyards that I can verify that I have made or that I am making. 

TFLY-Choc3.jpg TFLYFN-Crouch2.jpgTFLY-FN-BT-Counter-Drop.jpg

The T-Fly Fishing Lanyard on the left above in chocolate kangaroo lace has  a flat-braided neck, 3 pair of micro clips, a mini clip on the bottom, and pig tail with a flat-nosed clip.  As per the web page, the above lanyard configuration is $525 plus shipping.  The  T-Fly Fishing Lanyard on the right in natural kangaroo with a chocolate accent also has a flat-braided neck, 2 pair of micro clips, a removable tippet bar, a zinger on the bottom and a flat-nosed clip on a hitch loop on the side.  This lanyard is not on the web page. And  on the bottom, a T-Fly Fishing Lanyard in black kangaroo with tan knots, featuring a flat-braided neck, 2 pair of mini clips, a ring  and pigtail with a flat-nose clip at the bottom, and on the side a hitch loop with a pair of brass counters.  The customer wanted to count two species of fish that were being caught and released.

Please contact me if you are interested in a custom braided fly fishing lanyard.  lsmith@knotsmith.com

If I have  failed to adequately address your question, "What about fly fishing lanyards???", please help me do so.  Thanks.