FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
ANF grousin

The ultimate UJ Gathering

ANF grousin

The dates have been set for the greatest gathering of the year, the annual ANF gathering. Mark your calendars for August 19-21. For those who never made this event, think of it as a mini-Oktoberfest. But not only is there plenty of beer to drink, it could also be called a CrabFest or a BaconFest.

Now, unlike other UJ fests that feature shooting sports, this fest features dog work. A great way to start to get your 4-legged friend in shape for hunting season. Now there is some shooting at this event. We go to a local quarry where clay birds will be hidden in trees. There isn’t a better way to practice your stalking and limbswatting skills.

And, the most important event of the weekend is the fierce competition on Saturday to crown the 2016 UJ Corn Hole Champion.

If you need direction, find the town of Tionesta, Pa; face NE and listen closely for the next bottle of beer to be opened, you wont miss it.

gunsrus

And......... there are snakes in them there hills . Baaaaaad snakes !

Brad Eden

Added to Board Calendar....which also places it on Upcoming Events sidebar on Home page. 

DAP

Hey Jeff,  Why is people calling us PA boys snakes?  'Specially when they ain't even seen us play cornhole yet.  

ANF grousin

Dickie goes to the eastern gathering tells them little secrets. Hes like a woman when she gets drunk, cant shut 'em up.

Iver

Might have to sign up Hope for the starter course this year.  Dates noted.  Thanks.

Tim Frazier

I missed this post but I won't miss the event!  Always a good time and always good to see the regulars!  I have never understood why people wouldn't take advantage of Jeff's generosity and experience with dogs.  This is a great chance to get your pup into wild birds with no judgment and lots of help.  The food and spirits are first rate and the corn hole competition is getting more serious every year!  Might be a spectator this year as I just can't seem to get it in the hole.  :-(

Brad Eden
3 minutes ago, Tim Frazier said:

...I have never understood why people wouldn't take advantage of Jeff's generosity... with no judgment and lots of help.  ...

Jeff must be different in person...Im KIDDING!...sortaB|...sounds like a great event hosted by Little Kahuna.

Zoli 16ga.

'And......... there are snakes in them there hills . Baaaaaad snakes ! '

No snakes last year, but my mutt did have a steady point on a grounded porky. 

A great event indeed!

T-setter

Relatively new to this forum, so excuse my ignorance, but is this event really open to anyone? I assume details about cost, lodging, etc., will be forthcoming. Sounds like a great time. And my limb swatting skills need a bit of honing!

ANF grousin

If the weekends runs are any indication, there should be plenty of birds. As an added bonus, the cornhole course was cut yesterday. No more excuses about finding the hole in the tall grass. There is no place to hide any more.

Brad Eden
5 hours ago, T-setter said:

Relatively new to this forum, so excuse my ignorance, but is this event really open to anyone? I assume details about cost, lodging, etc., will be forthcoming. Sounds like a great time. And my limb swatting skills need a bit of honing!

You folks gonna answer this new Members questions?

ANF grousin

TSetter, yes this is open to anyone who wants to show up, virgins are especially welcome!!!

There is no cost, everyone brings something to eat, or throw a few bills to Dickey for the Friday night crabfest. There is usually a cot available at one of the participants cabins. For those that bring dogs to work, if its a setter, we'll take you to some prime areas, other breeds get sent to birdless areas filled with rattlesnakes.

No other details yet.

delahunter834

T-setter This thing is alot of fun.Great group of guys.Except for some Kahuna guy,what the hxll isa kahuna anyhow?