Virgil Kane

Truck topper accessories

Becassier

I've got the vented Win-Doors on mine and simply would not buy another topper without that option.

The Z series is certainly the best looking, but without the ability to put win-doors on that model, I had to pass and go with another line.

Put a 12volt charging station back there.  I run a fan for my pups and charge my collars back there, too.

Virgil Kane

Well I put in my order for the A.R.E. "Z" series and got pretty much what I said except I got the screen vent side windows w/ pet screens and a sliding drop down front window. Total out the door with tax came up a few hundred less that the $2,600.00 that I was originally quoted so all worked out well. The "Z" series comes with the carpet headliner so that didn't cost anything and the guy threw in the pet screens for zilch. No installation charge and the wiring is done properly and not spliced into the brake lights or trailer hitch wiring. So far so good, now I just have to wait for delivery.

A big thanks to all that gave suggestions. It was very helpful.

Virgil  

salmontogue

Has anyone had experience with the Bedrug offered by ARE?

Perk

dogrunner
7 hours ago, salmontogue said:

Perk

My buddy has one loves it, keeps dust out pretty good along with his hard plastic type Tonto cover he has. Just washes it if it gets dirty.  

Virgil Kane
9 hours ago, salmontogue said:

Perk

I looked at them yesterday  at the ARE dealer. The owner had one in his truck and they looked pretty nice. The rug extends all the way from the front of the bed to the top of the tailgate. It's one continuous piece so when the tail gate is closed there is no gap between the bottom of the tailgate and the truck bed to suck dust in. Don't know don't how much $$$  they get for them but I'm considering getting one for my truck.

Virgil

Jazz4Brazo

I bought my Tacoma slightly used with only 6K miles on it...guy traded up for bigger truck. Decent price given the depreciation hit. It came with a SnugTop that looked like it was factory given perfect match and a bed rug...stood the test of time 10 yrs later just would have preferred the guy had selected side opening pop up windows with screens!

J4B

12ette
18 hours ago, dogrunner said:

My buddy has one loves it, keeps dust out pretty good along with his hard plastic type Tonto cover he has. Just washes it if it gets dirty.  

Bedrug = awesome.  No sliding, soft on the knees when climbing in and out.  No staining and damn tough. 

Jazz4Brazo

X2...have a few storage bus with bottoms that grip carpet...stay firmly in place at head of bed...have spent a few overnights in cold weather and the rug is a nice added feature...downside is you can't pull the cap and use the bed to haul crap like mulch, topsoil, etc. saved me from many a honey do lists :D

Becassier

Easy access to my ice chest - one of the many reasons I like win-doors.

Win-Door.jpg

gaberdeen

I love my ARE. Best option I bought was the side opening windows. I also have the bed rug and led lighting.

image.jpg

Curt
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:13 PM, salmontogue said:

Perk

I bought the Bedrug for two of my past trucks, an F150 and a Tacoma.  The Bedrug is pretty nice, things don't slide around as much and it's really nice on the knees when you crawl in there.  The dogs had better traction too.  The down side for me was when something spilled, like gas or oil, tougher to clean up.  I always carry a chain saw in the truck so it happened a time or two.  I also had a cap over mine so it was never exposed to the elements and was a good, long lasting accessory.  I didn't buy one for my current truck and sometimes wish I had.

WhatsDaPoint

Just put in 'Decked' drawer system. Have a bedrug as well. Really like both. 

Decked system allows me to put 3 dog crates across above the wheel wells. 

image.jpeg

JWP58

I have the same type of topper (ARE DCU with double doors) and I wish Decked made drawers for my pickup (frontier). Im thinking about trying to throw something together before the season starts, its going to be nothing like their product though.

Cold Iron

Decked has been threatening to build a system for the Tacoma for at least 2 years now, but still a no show. I was going to build a full length pull out system, several good designs on Expo World. But thinking it through I sometimes sleep in the back and wanted the headroom to sit up. Part of the reason I went with the ARE MX topper. In the end I just went a simple platform that is as deep as my inseam length and can put the dog crate and other stuff on top of the platform, and sleep with my legs under it. Have quite a few tie downs and secure the cooler and other things on it for easy access from the Windoors. It has worked well for me, it fits my situation. If I didn't sleep in it sometimes a pull out platform storage system would have been the way I would have gone.

22167127992_29241fb559_c.jpg