• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Hal Standish

Just slap me but...

Hal Standish

I cannot seem to find the upload photo from file buttom. How to upload phot to a topic thread?  Thanks

Brad Eden

Hal, No need to get slapped...

Uploading photos directly to posts is a Contributing Member privilege. (I pay monthly for board data, part of which pays for space for uploaded photos.) Members Group can post photos the 'traditional way' via URL's from photohost sites, etc. 

Info on Member Groups and privileges can be found here:

Member Group Info Topic.

Hal Standish

Sounds good! Will put the paper work in the mail Monday 8/8/16

dauber

I believe I'm a contributing member and no longer seem to be able to post directly?  Did I forget how to do that?

thanks

Brad Eden
3 minutes ago, dauber said:

I believe I'm a contributing member and no longer seem to be able to post directly?  Did I forget how to do that?

thanks

Member Groups are listed right under Avatars. You are currently in Members Group, not Contributing Member Group. If that doesn't jive with the last time you donated (within last year)  PLEASE let me know and I'll go back and check my Member notes and make it good. I'm known to forget to place donators in C-Member Group, and my Member Group organization has a lot to be desired.

Brad Eden

Dauber....My bad....you are now safely ensconced on the correct Member Group.:$ 

Kansas Bound

I don't see the option to directly load a photo anymore 

I have two options

1) insert existing media

2) insert from url

salmontogue

Same here.  I'm guessing a software glitch may be the problem.

Perk

Brad Eden

No glitch. Board almost bombed yesterday due to reaching data quota. I'm still learning this Boards functions and Members were uploading HUMONGOUS Video/movie files of 100-800mbs...also many C-Members are uploading photo files that are way TOO large for any board or screen viewing. A100kb photo file looks relatively the same as a 6mb photo on a computer screen or device. (1000kb=1mb) 

I am working with IOS support to determine the best limit on individual uploads and max storage for Member uploads. I am trying to avoid having to upgrade to the next more expensive data plan. 

Right now I have max upload size set at 3.5mb which is plenty big. I think the problem is I have a max storage size set at 10mb and some Prolific uploaders of photos may have reached that limit. If so I'll likely change that and start deleting old images or work to help Mwmbers to learn how to downsize photos before uploading.

Its fluid, stay tuned.