• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Brad Eden

YouTube Masters, Advice needed

Brad Eden

Apparently when some people post URLs from YouTube as live videos on the board, after the original video is done, another or the next qued video plays, which ummmm, hmmmmm, isn't always appropriate to this family friendly board. I don't think this is Board Software related but something with YouTube settings Etc.

Anyone have any advice? (I take few videos and never post them and don't even have a YouTube upload account so am of little use outside of board functionality.)

Here is a Topic on Help Forum where it's being discussed:

Posting Live Videos Topic

Thanks for the help.

CzechSM

I'll take a stab at this one.

As for the people that can't seem to embed a video from YouTube they might want to check their settings on their YouTube channel. Sign in, go to video manager, click on "Edit" beside the video, click on info and settings, click on advanced settings and ✔︎ Check "allow embedding".

As for the Youtube automatically going to the next video I am not aware you can stop that. However when you upload your video to Youtube be sure you name your video and tags related with info of that video. For example if you upload a video about English setters have that info in the title. In the tags (which allows your video to be found in a search mode) put in related titles such as English Setters, birddogs, upland game, etc. That should allow related videos to follow yours and not other unwanted videos. For example on the video below on Keepers Steadiness Video I was too lazy and didn't rename the video from the original name of "Clip #2" . After the video is done you will see related videos prompted about "clips". If you have the letters XX or something in the title it will take you perhaps where you don't want to go.

Allen McCallie

Brad, I would also think that the continuing YouTube feed would only appear on the computer of the person viewing the original "intended" video, and not to any other contemporaneous viewers of the board, and that's the same that happens when one views YouTube directly without linking through another site. It thus is not the "fault" of the board that such happens., and I would not think you could stop it, or should worry too much about it???

Allen

Cooter Brown

Youtube like every other site keeps cookies.  Youtube is owned by Google now so it gathers and keeps every bit of info it can.

Based on the info it gathers Youtube knows what sort of stuff you've looked at previously and bases the "suggestions" that show up on that.  And maybe some other stuff like commercial sites you might go to or searches you do on products.

So like Allen said what shows up is going to be different for everybody.

Oriongs

iframe&gt;<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ix_2P8VEBB8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>