• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Brad Eden

Updated Photo Uploading Topic

Brad Eden

To Contributing Members who utilize the Board Photo Uploading function.

(The following does not apply to any Member from any Group who utilizes a photohost site or YouTube etc., to access URL/Links to post on the Board.)

This new board has only been live for a short time. I have been watching data usage to gauge what Cloud Hosting & Data Plan we will ultimately need. In order to stay within data quota the following applies:

I set parameter/pixel widths and heights for uploaded photos that will automatically downsize large photo files to a web friendly size upon upload and posting. Those photos load to the data at the smaller size and look good on screen.

In addition I have set a 6mb max image size for uploads (which again, downsize upon load and posting) with a max upload storage space per member of 100mb's. (Both extremely generous considering a 200kb and less file is perfectly web friendly. 1000kb=1mb) This should cover those people who take large photos and are unable to downsize on their own.

If you find that you can't upload a photo then it is probably over 6mb in size or your upload storage is full. Here is how to manage your uploads:

1, Click User Name/arrow on upper right for drop down menu.

2, Click "My Attachments"

3, Check the % bar to see where your upload storage is at.

4, Your uploads are listed, click the trash can next to any photo you want removed, to open up space. (Start from oldest so current Topics aren't missing photos.)

Naturally, if a smaller sized photos is uploaded at the onset, storage space will not be filled up as fast. So I will be posting a custom photo downsize capability here soon or on another Topic for those wishing to reduce the size of their photos before uploading.

Please see next Reply for a link to a new custom UJ Resizer.

Brad Eden

If all else fails try this new UJ Image Resizer that UJ Member Browndrake created:

Photo Resize Program

After resizing, the image will appear. If on tablet/phone using touchscreen (put finger on image and choose Save or Save Image from menu that opens) to save image back to your iPhone or device photo library. On Computers you can browse to place resized image in a folder etc. The saved image will be a web friendly size and will upload without issue.

This resizing program is still in development and may be adjusted etc.

browndrake

If you use the online resizer that Brad linked to and encounter any bugs/issues with it, please contact me directly through the private message system here.

FYI:  It will currently accept image files (jpg, jpeg, png & gif but is optomised for jpg/jpeg) up to 20mb and will both resize to max height/ width of 800 px (will maintain aspect ratio) and will compress to 75.  I have NOT added a load progress bar, so if it is a heavy file, it may appear to be doing nothing for a few moments after you click 'resize.'  During this time it is uploading, resizing, and sending the finished product back to you. 

aaron aka browndrake

Remo

Brad, I thought I read on one of the threads (can't find it)  that if we use a photo hosting site for posting here we won't be filling up your file space? Over-filling I mean. Hell, I don't know the terms even.

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, Remo said:

Brad, I thought I read on one of the threads (can't find it)  that if we use a photo hosting site for posting here we won't be filling up your file space? Over-filling I mean. Hell, I don't know the terms even.

Yes, using a photo host site doesn't add any significant data to the board since it's just a link to an outside sourced photo image, not an actual uploaded file. But I certainly want the uploading feature as an option for the Contributing Member Group. Under the current max image size and max storage, and ability for Members to manage their uploads....and along with the auto downsizing I've enabled we should be OK with uploaded photos. 

phonefly

WOW!!!!!  That photo shrinker works!  THANKS Brown Drake.

browndrake

Thanks.  Haven't coded in a few years but before Brad figured out how to have the board do auto resize most pics, I thought that it would be useful here. Luckily, Brad was able to set the board to do most of the work so that few people with need to go through the hassle of resizing before uploading here.   It is pretty plain jane, but in all the testing I did, it seemed to get the job done.

aaron aka browndrake

charlo slim
On 8/17/2016 at 10:08 AM, Brad Eden said:

If you find that you can't upload a photo then it is probably over 6mb in size or your upload storage is full. Here is how to manage your uploads:

1, Click arrow/drop down menu next to User Name on upper right.

2, Click "My Attachments"

Brad (or anyone)... could you clarify this a bit?  Dumba$$ problem, no doubt, but I cannot seem to find the "arrow/dropdown menu next to user name on upper right".  Help please?

Thanks.

Brad Eden

Actually just click on your User Name on far upper right when on main Board page. There is a tiny arrow graphic to immediate right of your User Name too. Click Name/arrow and a drop down will appear.