• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
mhaney

Vintage Gunners Cup

mhaney

Hello All,

The Vintage Gunners Cup (September 23 – 25, 2016) at Hopkins Game Farm on the Eastern Shore of Maryland is fast approaching.

Along with the main Championship event on Sunday, shotgun events (hammerless and hammer gun) will be held in all gauges from

10 through .410. Also, an American Classics competition, one and two-man flurry events, a ladies two-woman team competition,

and a black powder competition will also be held.

Rifle competitions will include: Stalking rifle (both single shots and double rifle),
Black Powder/ BPE with gauge and bore guns (single and double rifle),
9.3 x 74R Classic Side x Side rifle event,
Stopping rifle (for single-shot and side-by-side rifles),
Super Stopping, Drilling, and Cape Gun.

For more information, contact Hopkins Game Farm at:
P.O. Box 218
Kennedyville, MD 21645
Phone: 410.348.5287
Email: hopkinshunting@gmail.com

Web: http://www.hopkinshunting-clays.com/

Or visit the Vintage Gunners website at:http://vintagers.org/home

The registration form can be found here: http://www.hopkinshunting-clays.com/uploads/Vintage_Gunners_Cup.pdf

Entrance to the vendor and exhibitor tents is free. Among the vendors and exhibitors who will be at the Vintage Gunners Cup

are:

Steve Barnett Fine Guns

Charles Boswell Gunmakers

Stephen Cobb Quality Guns

Covey Rise Magazine

Ermilo Clothiers

MacNab Fine Firearms

RST - Classic Shotshell Co., Inc.

Russell Moccasin Co.

The Virginia Sportsman Magazine

William Larkin Moore & Sons, LLC

Dubarry of Ireland

Vintage Doubles

Geoffroy Gournet, Master Engraver

Wingshooting Adventures

Robin Hollow Outfitters

Ball and Buck

Bird Dog Bay

German Gun Collectors Association

Fair Chase

James D. Julia Inc. Auctioneers

…and more!

---MattH

mhaney

A few late additions to the vendor list:

Vintage Firearms
Bart Brothers
Albright's Gun Shop
Sweet Charleston Designs

I hope to see many of you there Sept. 23-25. ---MattH

FlyChamps

Matt, Judy and I will see you at the hotel Thursday evening or Hopkins Game Farm on Friday.

Those of you live close and don't come will miss a big opportunity to have fun shooting side by sides or just drooling over the guns that most of us can never afford but love to look at.

Any UJ'ers without a SxS who want to shoot one I'll have 7 of them with me and will be happy to lend one for a round.  Just send me a PM if interested.

Bob

SEPAlander

Was hoping to make this event, it's not that far from where I live.  Work has other plans for me though, I'm out of town giving a workshop at a conference these dates.  Everyone that does makes it; hope you have a great time.

mhaney

Bob,

Look forward to seeing you and Judy and the rest of the gang in MD. Safe travels! ----Matt

steveziv

I was thinking of going on Friday, mostly to check out the vendors.  Is there shooting for non-registered attendees?

mhaney

Steveziv,

Definitely come have a look in the vendor tents. That's free. If you have a SxS, bring it along and shoot an event or two. If you don't have one, I bet someone will put one in your hand and shoot a round with you if you're interested. There will be a pop-up tent with the Carolina Vintagers banner on it, and if I'm not on the course you can find me there and I'll lend you a gun and shoot with you.

As for non-VGC shooting, you might want to call Hopkins (see number above) and see how they are handling. ----Matt Haney

steveziv

Thanks for the offer. I have a few side-by's so I'll throw my stuff in the trunk just in case and play it by ear.

FlyChamps

steveziv - I always want to meet fellow UJ'ers so be sure to stop by the Carolina Vintagers EZ-up and ask for Bob Holliday.  If my wife and I are not out shooting or drooling over guns in the Vendor tents we're usually near the Carolina Vintagers EZ-up and, if not, someone there should be able to locate us.