2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
Jfwhit

Upland vehicle set-ups. Pics?

RuffChaser
On 10/23/2016 at 5:18 PM, traveller2926 said:

Not completely a "do-it-yourself idea" although I designed it!  Needed to carry four Setters in a "short bed" Tacoma.  This is the way I have done it for the last four years.  I start with the two Setters in the front boxes for the morning hunt.  And, rotate the Setters from the rear boxes for the evening hunt.  That routine only requires the slide be opened once in a day.  Note the front box has the top storage and the side opening / vented windows.  These windows provide easy access to the dogs in the back. 

Sorry... the truck is so dirty.  It gets used a lot this time of year. 

Hope this provides some insight to your request. 

The best...  Trav

Dog Box 2.JPG

Dog Box 1.JPG

Is that a bedslide? This is similar to the plan I have laid out in my mind for when I buy a pickup. I'm an Engineer and have been playing around with a few ideas. Hopefully that'll be in the next 6 months or so. The only difference is I will try to get the storage off the top of the dog boxes and have it under them as drawers I can slide out when the system is in the bed of the truck.

traveller2926

Hey guys...  the company I purchased it from was in California Hot Springs CA.  Think they may be closed.  Tried many times to contact them without response.  It is essentially a heavy-duty bed slide.  Works great.  When I can I will post mfg contact info.  The best.

bmeador

This is my Suburban set up to haul 3 dogs, 3 people and everything needed for a day or 2.

20161118_093811.jpg

bmeador
1 minute ago, bmeador said:

This is my Suburban set up to haul 3 dogs, 3 people and everything needed for a day or 2.

20161118_093811.jpg

20161118_093915.jpg

traveller2926

As promised above...  Hinton International, LLC, Sliding Truck Bed,  JC 4 Box 671, California Hot Springs, CA  93207  866-300- 0137.  Hope this helps.  Also note as stated above, I have some concern that this company may now be closed.  If you find otherwise, please advise.  I bought this is late 2012.  The best... Trav 

Scar

1983 Jeep Wagoneer with 4 hole trailer.

23844107303_af1bcbdbf2_z.jpg

31384325253_4d3d94c27b_z.jpg

Craig Doherty

You guys need more dogs!!!!

Up to six in the truck and six in the trailer:

IMG_0105_2_zpse1c99d29.jpg

P8080043_zpsccf742ea.jpg

IMG_1347_zpsn19q4jrv.jpg

sschultz

I wish someone would make SUV that had the tail gate like the Jeep in the photos above. That sure works nice for deburring and checking over dogs.

CzechSM

This is our set up. It is a 4 door '06 Tahoe that hauls 4 dogs.

I lay the seats down and have a platform built up at the same level as the drawer system in the rear. I believe the kennels are made by Miller Manufacturing and have a side door as well as a rear door. I have a kennel for each rear side door in the Tahoe

DSC_0011-600x400.jpg

I store the guns and misc under neath in the storage area there.

DSC_0012-600x400.jpg

In the rear I have a drawer system that fits up to the back seat. ( That way I can pull out the front kennels and put up the rear seats if I wish) I place water jugs between the kennels for handiness and to stabilize the kennels.

DSC_0013-600x400.jpg

On the left side I carry the vest, tools, collars, bells, etc and whatever I need for the dogs to net ready to run.

DSC_0014-600x400.jpg

On the right side I have another drawer that I have filled with items such as food when I'm hunting and launchers, etc when I'm training. I have a sliding platform on this side for collaring, booting, combing, etc. All our dogs automatically get on the platform to get ready to go and also get un-collared and checked over when they are done. Gives me a good place to check over the dog and gives them a place where they have adapted as a place of obedience and structure. I also clean birds on it.

DSC_0015-600x400.jpg

Jfwhit
9 minutes ago, CzechSM said:

This is our set up. It is a 4 door '06 Tahoe that hauls 4 dogs.

I lay the seats down and have a platform built up at the same level as the drawer system in the rear. I believe the kennels are made by Miller Manufacturing and have a side door as well as a rear door. I have a kennel for each rear side door in the Tahoe

DSC_0011-600x400.jpg

I store the guns and misc under neath in the storage area there.

DSC_0012-600x400.jpg

In the rear I have a drawer system that fits up to the back seat. ( That way I can pull out the front kennels and put up the rear seats if I wish) I place water jugs between the kennels for handiness and to stabilize the kennels.

DSC_0013-600x400.jpg

On the left side I carry the vest, tools, collars, bells, etc and whatever I need for the dogs to net ready to run.

DSC_0014-600x400.jpg

On the right side I have another drawer that I have filled with items such as food when I'm hunting and launchers, etc when I'm training. I have a sliding platform on this side for collaring, booting, combing, etc. All our dogs automatically get on the platform to get ready to go and also get un-collared and checked over when they are done. Gives me a good place to check over the dog and gives them a place where they have adapted as a place of obedience and structure. I also clean birds on it.

DSC_0015-600x400.jpg

i have the same vehicle but a couple years older.  Haven't figured out what to do with the dogs that are not in the field when it's warm out.  

Great set up by the way.

CzechSM
Just now, Jfwhit said:

i have the same vehicle but a couple years older.  Haven't figured out what to do with the dogs that are not in the field when it's warm out.  

I leave the windows down part way and if it crosses into very warm conditions I'm not in the field anyway and I am with the dogs. While parked in the shade with a crosswind it stays quite nice in there.

tut
4 hours ago, CzechSM said:

I leave the windows down part way and if it crosses into very warm conditions I'm not in the field anyway and I am with the dogs. While parked in the shade with a crosswind it stays quite nice in there.

Here where I live, if its over 65 you can't leave the dogs in the vehicle unsupervised even if all the windows are rolled down.  I understand the reason's why, but it can be a tad "Big Brother" at times when you want to walk into a 7 11 and buy a Big Gulp. 

CzechSM
1 hour ago, tut said:

Here where I live, if its over 65 you can't leave the dogs in the vehicle unsupervised even if all the windows are rolled down.  I understand the reason's why, but it can be a tad "Big Brother" at times when you want to walk into a 7 11 and buy a Big Gulp. 

Its a sad day when common sense doesn't apply anymore.