REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Wisconsin

What's on your end table, right now?

Eric Rinehart

"Grouse on the Mountain" by Evans,  "The Old Man and the Boy" by Ruark and the latest issues of Sporting Classics and Trail Runner magazines. 

juneboy1

Testimony by Robbie Robertson. Really good book so far, really really big ego and name dropper. It does give you a little bit of insight about Levon. I suspect the truth lies somewhere between his book and Levon's

walt lister

51kg9c1p15L._AC_UL160_.jpgOn the origin/evolution  of language in humans. Controversial but interesting book on a subject that has interested me for a long time.

provident

Just finished, for the umpteenth time, one of Nash Buckingham's books, one by Arthur Macdougall, the newest Michael Connelly, etc.

Brad, when you are done I'd love to have you start a thread on the "Pukkas Promise" book which I think holds a great deal of information all dog owners should know.

dogrunner

These are pretty nice on my tables. Got them at a RGS banquet many moons ago. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

topdog1961

Not my end table but my bed, just finishing it. This is a great read for anyone interested in WWII, or reading exciting non-fiction about espionage, wilderness survival, and regular guys with huge ones. It's about the Norwegian resistance efforts to stop the production of heavy water at a hydroelectric plant in their country. The Nazi's were using it for atomic research. This was a hard one to put down. 

image.jpeg

RuffChaser

I have moved on to the new Steve Smith book Woodcock Shooting. I will be reading it on the company jet when I fly to/from Texas tomorrow.

Treerooster
1 hour ago, RuffChaser said:

I have moved on to the new Steve Smith book Woodcock Shooting. I will be reading it on the company jet when I fly to/from Texas tomorrow.

Woodcock Shooting or Woodcock Rising? I got Smith's Woodcock Rising for Christmas. Planned on reading it this summer for a warm up to bird season.

Right now I like to read turkey type books for the coming spring. Thinking about a re-read of Kenny Morgan's "Turkey Hunting A One Man Game"

Remo

The Fight In The Clouds. P-51s baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hettmoe

The Wild Blue

Fishnfowler

"Dersu the Trapper"

topdog1961
9 hours ago, RuffChaser said:

I saw our company jet once. 

Brad Eden

THe Wild Life, A Year of Living on Wild Food by John Lewis-Stempel

Dogwood

"The Boys in the Boat" by Daniel James Brown.  Epic tale of the U Washington 8 man rowing team that made it to the Berlin Olympics in 1936.  Beautifully written and highly entertaining, even if you could care less about rowing.  A must read.

Finally about to start "All the Pretty Horses" by you know who.

Rex Hoppie
10 hours ago, topdog1961 said:

I saw our company jet once. 

No company can justify a jet, only TV evangelists can afford jets.