FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Auto-5

What's your favorite style pocket knife

Auto-5

Just  bought myself a new canoe  style knife  made by Boker off ebay. Made me realize the the canoe was probably my favorite style pocket knife for just carrying around  though I also have a SAK recruit that I like to carry. What say you, what style knife is your favorite?

Dick Sellers

I carry a medium sized Swiss army knife - about 1/2" thick with 7 "instruments".  Not bulky, but comes in handy day - to day.

charlo slim

Unfortunately, I need one that is lose-proof.  Still looking, but anything "camo" or over $20-30 need not apply. 

Uplander

This has been in my left front pocket for 36 years.

IMG_0916.JPG

Bob Blair

I have two that I carry every day. A Case small stag handled pen knife is in my front pocket and a Benchmade Mini-Barrage in my back. When dressed up it's usually just the Case knife. One very similar to that little case earned me a gold star in the third grade when the teacher needed a knife for some minor task and asked all the boys if they had their pocket knives with them and I was the first to raise my hand. Today they'd call SWAT!

rideold

I carry a swiss army because it is small but my favorite is my western twin blade. I don't know what the steel is but it takes a beautiful edge. 

trust me

A 2 blade Case peanut is in my pocket right now, but a small Schrade stockman is my all time favorite.  I had to retire it, bought the Case and now regret it because the stainless is a bear to sharpen.  A good tool steel 3 blade is my preference.

At the office the peanut gets used by me and others daily.  Outside of work, the Leatherman Wave is on my belt.  Don't know how I got through life before it came along.

OldSarge

X2 for the Leatherman Wave. Also carry a Case 3 blade with jiggered bone handle.

MTPipeliner

Three blade uncle henry that I've had for about 15 years.  I nearly panic everytime its not in my pocket, lost it once when getting my keys out of my pocket, but went back and it was laying there on a gravel road.  I must have at least a dozen other pocket knives, but never carry any of them.  

idcut

I have a Buck 303 Cadet that is in my pocket, almost daily. I have others, but I like the small size of the 303, it's easy to sharpen and the 3 blades are handy for whatever chore I need it.

Treerooster

For everyday a Swiss army knife. 2 blades, can opener, bottle opener/screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, and tweezers are what gets used the most. Toothpick and some other sharp thing on the back, not so much. It's about 1/2" thick.

I've fixed chainsaws in trees with it and those tweezers are great for pulling ticks.

gunut
  • folding drop point

2shot

I have more pocket knives than I care to admit. I love the more traditional style knives but mostly in a nostalgic way. From a practical stand point there are two things my EDC must have, one hand opening and a locking blade. In the end there are only two that I carry on a regular basis, a Gerber Paraframe with a combo edge or a Spyderco Delica with a plain edge. Both are tough as nails and both have served me well both at work and during outdoors pursuits. 

Brad Eden

X 3 on Leatherman Wave. Always on my belt...Use it for something every day more than once. Used the knife part to pry out some minuscule fuses from Christmas lights socket....and the pliers to replace them in a tiny spot my fingers couldn't navigate.

Greg Hartman

Do-all locking folder, with a 3/1/4" blade, kept razor sharp.  Opens with one finger.   This one is always in my pocket and has cleaned countless birds, deer, squirrels, you name it, plus opened a zillion packages and boxes and done a thousand other things.  I often chuckle at deer hunters carrying enormous Rambo-style sheath knives when a small, simple pocket knife is far better suited to the task.  My grandkids call it "Paw-Paw's Tooth".

10-11-12 - Tooth - 1.jpg

Stainless body, Damascus blade with solid hard carbon steel core, mammoth ivory scales by A. G. Russell.