FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
dogrunner

Fish On.

dogrunner

Went out to check the pond. Hmm I know there down there somewhere I put them in. Ice was about 6 inches,, thicker than I thought. 

image.jpg

dogrunner

Hey I got a bite. Next one was a line stretcher never did get it up. Maybe a trout or bass. Had one more on light bite got off pretty quick.

image.jpg

image.jpg

dogrunner

Oh well 1 is better than none and I was cooking ribs anyway. So start posting up your catches.  

image.jpg

Up North

We will be on the lake in the wheel house starting Tuesday. Can you say fish fry!?

Hub

Up North....how thick is the ice up your way?  It would be nice to get out on Winnie over Christmas. 

MAArcher

Now I'm hungry.  May have to go check the ice this afternoon.  Might be able to fish the edges for stocked brookies.  Mmmm poached trout and kale soup sounds good right now.

Up North
9 hours ago, Hub said:

Up North....how thick is the ice up your way?  It would be nice to get out on Winnie over Christmas. 

From what I read there is 9-11" inches of good ice. But with this warm up there will be some breakers developing. We are all loaded up and headed to Red tomorrow morning. I'm bringing the Ice Castle,and my portable. I don't think the ice is going to hold up in the warmer temperatures. When ice is made this fast in sub zero temps it is brittle, and will not do good with the warm up.

JB1

Vegas ice report, none here.

Up North

The dogs have been walked, and feed. Some of the walleyes have been baked, and ate. Time for some HBO. ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Remo

Up North, retirement looks like fun at your place. :D

dogrunner

Nice what was the bait of choice? 

Up North
1 hour ago, dogrunner said:

Nice what was the bait of choice? 

Small golden shiners on a hot pink hook on the dead line, and a small gold buckshot spoon topped with a fathead head.?

Today is all catch and release, my wife just caught one. 

Up North

Fishing wasn't fast and furious. Probably 15 walleyes landed in close to two days on the ice. Only one caught the first day, and only Two caught this morning. 

IMG_0584.JPG

dogrunner

Hmm guess the bite wasn't on. We might lose our ice in the next 3 days. >:(

Up North

The resort is planning on letting out 3/4 tons next week. I'm not sure I can get myself to drive mine out yet. Most the ice is good 16+ inches but some people are reporting thinner spots, and dam that truck is heavy. Plus there are cracks!!

image.jpeg