blanked

Another reason against new ford trucks

67diesel

Dogrunner that's about .5mpg better than my 2013 5.0L with a 3.55 rear.  Really happy with my truck, too.

dogrunner

In the summer it was .7mpg better than my 2014 with a noticeable power gain. When they drop the 10 speed in with the 5.0 it should be better yet. 

Rex Hoppie

Why would that little hole be $6000 in damage?

JK SE PA

Probably because of the aluminum body.  They claim it's more expensive to fix.  I say BS, they are just using the different body material as a money maker.

rolawson

Thanks dogrunner!

dogrunner
18 hours ago, Brookieslayer said:

I would like to see a truck box that is water tight... impossible in my humble opinion. doesn't matter who makes it...

If they did that every time it rained if you did not have some kind of topper you would have a swimming pool. That is why every one has drain holes some where.

ThomGordon

My work truck is 2016 F150 5.0 regular cab long bed 4X4. Averaging 17.3 hwy/city driving. That's 1 mpg better than my 2013 with the same configuration. Me personally would rather sacrifice the 1 mpg for a steel truck.

Brookieslayer

Guys,

whether you believe it or not, all of our vehicles will become aluminum, in fact most trucks have had aluminum hoods and other body parts on them for about 6 to 7 years... even GM.

Weight is what the goal will be,. There is a big scramble on right now to get an aluminum suppky chain set up for each car manufacturer.get used to it, it is the way of better fuel economy...

Remo

I have a '16 F-150 also after switching from a Tacoma. I pulled the bedliner and caulked the box, installed the gasket kit on the endgate, and mounted a Leer topper. The box is still a dust trap. Part of that may be caused by the shape of the endgate. More weather stripping is the only solution I can see. My friend has a '15 with a tonneau cover over the box, same problem. Mileage is 21 summer 16 winter, 3.5 ecoboost, 3.55 rear end.

Otherwise I can't fault the truck. Quiet cab, smooth ride, great sound system, comfy seats, plenty of power for me.

Jazz4Brazo
15 hours ago, Rex Hoppie said:

Why would that little hole be $6000 in damage?

Article says the antenna got hung up in rotating washer brushes and must have beat the hell out of the rest of the body...not something you would want to hear happening from inside the cab >:(

bigjohnsd
1 hour ago, Remo said:

I have a '16 F-150 also after switching from a Tacoma. I pulled the bedliner and caulked the box, installed the gasket kit on the endgate, and mounted a Leer topper. The box is still a dust trap. Part of that may be caused by the shape of the endgate. More weather stripping is the only solution I can see. My friend has a '15 with a tonneau cover over the box, same problem. Mileage is 21 summer 16 winter, 3.5 ecoboost, 3.55 rear end.

My '14 SCREW 3.5 Ecoboost, the last of the steel trucks, Mileage Summer 17.6 +/-  Winter 14.8 +/-

Virgil Kane
On 1/7/2017 at 0:34 PM, Brookieslayer said:

I would like to see a truck box that is water tight... impossible in my humble opinion. doesn't matter who makes it...

With my Chevy truck and either a tounue cover or a cap everything I've put in back has stayed dry. With my sons 150 even with a cover everything got wet from the water splashing up through the cracks around the bed floor. If I buy a truck I don't think that I should have to caulk around the bed floor to make it water proof (so to speak) that's something the manufacturer should have done at the factory but they dropped the ball on that. Probably designed by guys that never had a PU truck in their life. Not your fault or mine just bad planning on Ford's part. 

dogrunner

In 2018 you should be able to get a F150 with a diesel for all that wanted one. Plus  the 150  is getting a refreshed front like Super Duty looks and 10 speed trans in all motor configurations.  

Skybuster

Well I don't know about you guys but I don't plan to have a front end loader drop a ton of bricks on my f150 bed nor a big tool box overloaded with hammers on edge. My 2009 F150 Super Crew bed w/ARE toneau cover has never leaked. I'd have no problem owning one of the newer ones with alum body (along with the better mileage) but I don't plan on trading in my current one in for some time.

Virgil Kane
10 hours ago, Skybuster said:

Well I don't know about you guys but I don't plan to have a front end loader drop a ton of bricks on my f150 bed nor a big tool box overloaded with hammers on edge. My 2009 F150 Super Crew bed w/ARE toneau cover has never leaked. I'd have no problem owning one of the newer ones with alum body (along with the better mileage) but I don't plan on trading in my current one in for some time.

I don't know when they changed thing but does your bed have a separate floor from the side walls that are welded full length or does it have a molded one piece floor and sidewalls? I'm thinking your model year still had the molded floor and sidewalls or at least welded full length.   A person can see the ground in spots on the new Ford 150's because these are not welded full length. I know the older Fords didn't get water coming up from splashing and tire spray like the new ones. If yours has a molded floor and sidewall or welded full length check out the new Fords and you can see what people are talking about or look here http://www.f150forum.com/f38/whats-all-bed-gaps-263736/  

cd98f73c-0b48-11e6-815e-11c196ac9a02r.jp

I'm sure in the future Ford will come up with a fix for this but right now it's kind of the 600 pound gorilla in the room.  

Virgil

Edited by Virgil Kane
To early and not enough coffee