• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Brad Eden

ADDING YOUR LOCATION TO PROFILE/POSTS

Ben Berg

I like the idea of accountability. I think if you operate under a cloak of anonymity it detracts from the merit of any persons statements.

In other words if you are not willing to put your name alongside your words what is it worth?

I am not proposing that it be mandatory as in my earlier statement, but I believe disclosure brings strength to your words.

Brad Eden

BTW...unlike old Board I can change User Names. I don't suggest it if a Member has made a lot of posts, has developed a personality, a reputation or a "following". Because changing a User Name late in the game really throws their participation and content askew. FWIW.

Brad Eden

In the past I've been accused of having some sort of persecution complex by Members who haven't walked in my Discussion Forum Admin/Moderating muddy boots... when I make the mistake of complaining about the relative hassles involved. But truth is I've taken some abuse and threats from past Members, even current Members who contact me anonymously, and complete strangers who don't like me or how I choose to run this Board. Some of the emails and comments people let me know about would curl whatever hair you have left. And there have been attempts to destroy, hack and bring this Board to its knees more than once in its 15 year run. I don't mention it, because the drama does nothing to steer this Board in the positive direction it's become known for. All in all running this Board has been a pleasure and a privilige and my wife says it's my legacy. Even so, there is a reason I have kept my PO Box in the old town I lived in for UJ stuff. Hate to say it, but even though my name is out there, I don't feel comfortable providing my new street address on the Board. Such is the interweb.

Michael Stenstrom

There, my location is now firmly in place.

Brad Eden
2 minutes ago, Michael Stenstrom said:

There, my location is now firmly in place.

Not seeing it....although I know where to find you. Checked your Profile too, no go. Did you click the Save button after typing it in? Also you will need to add an Interest or it won't take, because I had to enable that to detect spam registrations.

Michael Stenstrom

Me either, and I have entered and saved it three times.  For whatever reason it is not allowing me to save any changes I make on my profile.  I will check again when I get home incase the filters here at school are causing issues, though I do not see why they would

Brad Eden
1 minute ago, Michael Stenstrom said:

Me either, and I have entered and saved it three times.  For whatever reason it is not allowing me to save any changes I make on my profile.  I will check again when I get home incase the filters here at school are causing issues, though I do not see why they would

Tell me what you want and I'll try it for you.

Michael Stenstrom

I put Waldoboro, Maine for my location, www.outdoorsmansedges (for website) and Hunting, fishing, woodworking and the outdoors (for interests). even put my birthdate to make adding me to moose permits easier ;)

Brad Eden

What's your birthdate?

Brad Eden

Went through fine for me. Not sure why yours didn't. I added Custom Knife Making and Traditional Archery in Interests...you can hopefully edit it if you want, etc.

Michael Stenstrom

Thanks, Just got back from my 20 minute lunch

Michael Stenstrom

Just had birthdate go in no prob?  Technology, gotta love it

Brad Eden

Thought I'd bring this back up. Not a requirement for long term Members but I still read Posts and wonder where the heck the OP is talking about.

Brad Eden

Time for another Forum spin. Frustrating not knowing generally where Members live when they post about something that has a geographic component. 

salmontogue
11 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Time for another Forum spin. Frustrating not knowing generally where Members live when they post about something that has a geographic component. 

Hoorah, hoorah. Have not yelled that for a very long time.  You are spot on.  For those reluctant to give a location, how about just a state.

Perk