• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
RuffChaser

Dogtra Pathfinder

becasse

I just purchased of these but have yet to open the box and try it out.  I will this weekend and will let you know what I think. 

becasse

So I had the test run with the Dogtra Pathfinder and it worked as advertised. I am in an area without cell coverage so I just preloaded a map using google maps which was as simple as it gets. The device has a quick refresh rate so it is very accurate on dog location. I really like being able to easily zoom in and out using the map and also like having the satellite imagery. It is much easier to see this screen than on my Garmin Alpha. I can't speak to battery life yet as I only ran the device for about an hour. It saves each run as in a history file which is neat. It is very easy to use overall and much more intuitive than the Alpha. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the two charging ports on the collar and receiver are covered by a little rubber toggle that seems like it won't hold up for long or be very waterproof.

If anyone has specific questions let 'em fly and I'll try to answer. --Warren

hoosier
On 4/24/2017 at 9:40 AM, becasse said:

So I had the test run with the Dogtra Pathfinder and it worked as advertised. I am in an area without cell coverage so I just preloaded a map using google maps which was as simple as it gets. The device has a quick refresh rate so it is very accurate on dog location. I really like being able to easily zoom in and out using the map and also like having the satellite imagery. It is much easier to see this screen than on my Garmin Alpha. I can't speak to battery life yet as I only ran the device for about an hour. It saves each run as in a history file which is neat. It is very easy to use overall and much more intuitive than the Alpha. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the two charging ports on the collar and receiver are covered by a little rubber toggle that seems like it won't hold up for long or be very waterproof.

If anyone has specific questions let 'em fly and I'll try to answer. --Warren

Can you give an update on the pathfinder?  Likes / Dislikes?

terrym

Great idea and I swear by my Dogtra 2500 T&B but I doubt s phone could take the rain and snow we expose them to?

NECarson

A Lifeproof case would definitely make it survive. 

jeffstally
On 7/6/2017 at 9:13 AM, terrym said:

Great idea and I swear by my Dogtra 2500 T&B but I doubt s phone could take the rain and snow we expose them to?

The iPhone 7 is waterproof

hexfly

Seems like a decent unit, but does a touch phone work with gloves on?

RuffChaser
21 minutes ago, hexfly said:

Seems like a decent unit, but does a touch phone work with gloves on?

Not unless you have specific gloves that state they are compatible with smart phones/touch screens.

madduckdog

I got the pathfinder only feature it is missing that I may return it because it does not have is multiple dog alarms...you can see if any dog goes on point but you only get vibration and audio for a single dog you choose. ..I have ask dogtra they say they are aware of this issue but have not verified that it will be in next app update 

Chukarman
On 1/10/2017 at 10:49 AM, rolawson said:

In my opinion, if Dogtra is coming out with it, it will be top shelf. Of all the brands I have used, Dogtra has been the best.

Amen.

JTS

Does anyone have a review on how the Dogtra Pathfinder is working out for them?

dogrunner

I talked to a guy this week, he liked his, said it was easy to use and he liked it better than the Alpha. 

JTS

Thanks for the reply.

madduckdog

I am going on a week hunting trip in the north woods.

I will give a hunting review when I get back

JTS

Thank you. I will be interested to hear your review.