• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
20gauge

Limp tail syndrome

SLR
11 hours ago, 20gauge said:

If you google search limp tail syndrome in English setter you can see a picture of how tail looks crooked. I will ask vet about prednisone, I had previously used rimaydl for inflammation

So this is what your setter's tail looks like?  Definitely a crook in that one, although all the others listed showed no crook. What does the tail feel like as you palpate through the crook area? Interesting.

Limber-Tail_2.jpg

20gauge

It feels normal. No signs of a break. Studies show 16 percent of dogs never recover. The owner of the dog in this picture is a vet that I have spoken to. This is such a rare case I am trying anything that might work

SLR

I think I would have tried splinting it, even though there is no fracture. That is immobilize it in a straight position for at least 4 weeks. This example in the photo was a fracture. The break was mid vertebral segment and would not stabilize in an anatomical position, short of surgical internal interference, thus it healed with a slight kink not really noticeable visually.

DSCF1184.JPG.jpg