Jack L

To Kill a King

dogrunner

Watched an hour of it last night, the commercials got me bored, with not a whole lot of action I did not watch the second hour. 

Brdhntr47

Sorry about the duplicate post above. Not sure how I did that.

Anyway, I saw a repeat of the first episode and the first running of the second last night on the Sportsman channel. There were ALOT of commercials. They only had a few actual hunting scenes. The conditions on the water while they were hunting were very calm compared to what I remember.  I found it strange that there was no shore hunting depicted during bad weather.

Dennis

dogrunner

Watching a couple episodes right now. Actually got to see some get taken. Russ carving his own decoys was cool. Incredible story about the people there how they were treated not that long ago plus killing 5000 seals a day. I got seasick just watching. Also they shot a long tail. He hunted with Russ on the last day. Those birds fly like cruise missiles low and with the waves, didn't really seem to decoy much. They did not wear hearing protection. 

RuffChaser

I talked to customer last week that went to that very same outfitter a year before that show was filmed. He told us about it when we met him. I haven't seen the TV show but from his description of the conditions it sounds like a tough hunt. He stated only 4 of the 6 guys that were supposed to be there could get to the island due to the weather conditions.