FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
sschultz

Toyota 4Runner

sschultz

I have considered a full size truck with a topper but I will not put a dog in the back of a truck,topper or not. My dogs work harder in the field than I do and deserve to be warm and comfortable. And yes I have had dogs get skunked or roll in some mess. But they still go in the cab. And I don't stay in motels unless my dogs stay in the room with me

Felix

I have a 6 cyl. 2006 RAV4 for my hunting rig. It's just usually me and the dog but it will fit 2 guys, 2 dogs and gear with no problem. Put an aggressive tread on the tires and it will go anywhere that I want to go.  I took it out west (I'm from PA) a couple of years ago and loved the driving and the gas mileage. I'm headed back out there this fall. :) 

b12.jpg

sschultz

We rented a diesel version of the RAV4 in Iceland wish they were available here. Seemed like a great little SUV.

Bob Blair
On 2/16/2017 at 10:39 AM, Dogwood said:

Anybody tow with the Lexus and if so how much weight?

Mine is listed at 6500 lbs. 

BIGSP
sschultz

That's a nice rig.

Eric Rinehart
BIGSP
2 hours ago, Eric Rinehart said:

BigSP,

I might be interested in the truck vault and kennel set up. I'm going to pm you. 

Eric

Sounds good.  I just replied to your PM.

gunsrus
On 2/17/2017 at 8:41 AM, ThomGordon said:

Sat in a 2012 SR5 for approximately five minutes, looked around at the space and immediately headed to the full size truck dealerships

That was my impression also . I have three Setters and needed more room . I ended up with a new Tahoe LTZ and love it . I've had a couple Tahoe's through the years but this new one is spectacular . Gas mileage is incredible and what a ride . I used it last season in Maine .

Since then I've been working on a 1999 Tahoe 2 door and finally finished putting it together ( I always wanted one of these) . A little shorter wheelbase and a Tank on the smaller two tracks .  It will stay in Maine for the season and be the dedicated ''Grouse mobile'' .

sschultz

Thanks to all that replied to this thread. I ended up buying a used 4Runner I will pick it up Thursday can't wait.

ThomGordon

Pics?

Remo
On 2/17/2017 at 1:38 PM, Felix said:

I have a 6 cyl. 2006 RAV4 for my hunting rig. It's just usually me and the dog but it will fit 2 guys, 2 dogs and gear with no problem. Put an aggressive tread on the tires and it will go anywhere that I want to go.  I took it out west (I'm from PA) a couple of years ago and loved the driving and the gas mileage. I'm headed back out there this fall. :) 

b12.jpg

Bonding. My dogs think the same way.