FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
browndrake

2017 UJ Fly Swap?

browndrake

They look great !!

Chubs

I have 2 patterns coming, too. (One of them is essentially for entertainment, unless you like fishing tiny midge patterns...)

Those look great, D. Case! The extended body with the biot tails looks like a great stonefly imitation. Do you do all the tying on the hook or do you tie the extended body on a needle and then transfer it (or something else altogether)?

D. Case

I tie it on a needle and transfer it. Stack the two colors of foam and segment the body along the pin.  Easy and works great.  Also makes a great giant may fly pattern for Michigan's Hex hatch.

shoot-straight

Wow, those are beautiful....

Mine are much more Spartan but I'm putting mine in the mail. Went with a heavy big fish fly. A "double bunny" small rainbow trout imitation. I really am hoping that most will give it a try, and they have enough rod to cast it.  I have a lot of success with the pattern in both fresh and salt water.

Keith

Dropped mine in the mail today

browndrake

I'll keep an updated received flies list in original post.

Got Chubs yesterday.    BTW...chubs...for me, fishing is all about entertainment, and out here we are crazy enough to throw midges just like those.

aaron

Brad Eden

Thanks folks for keeping this tradition alive!9_9

shoot-straight

my flies are en route as of today.

brett

co_setter

Dropped mine in the mail today.

browndrake

I just got back from Idaho and had two more packages of flies waiting for me.   

I think everybody will be happy with the nice flies this year.

juneboy1

On the way tomorrow.

browndrake

Sounds great.  I just got out of the field tonight and had  more waiting at home. 

browndrake

I just got back from being in Texas for the week.  The last batch of flies arrived yesterday.  They should all get picked up by mailman on Monday.

Some really nice looking flies!

browndrake

I ended up having to work out of town all week.  Flies being dropped at post office today.

Keith

Got my flies in the mail this morning. What a great assortment can't wait to give them a try. Thanks to all for their great work. 

PS.... I almost missed the tiny midge stuck to the piece of foam. I don't think I could ever tie that small. Between my eyes and my big clumsily hands I would lose it somewhere in the process.

Keith