• Announcements

• Brad Eden

2018 UJ SUMMER AUCTION   06/23/2018

It's time....to start thinking about and preparing for the 2018 UJ SUMMER AUCTION. This Auction has become a UJ Tradition, with loads of great gear donated by our Ad Sponsors and Membership. Items range from Upland vests...Birddog gear...hunting and fishing trips...silver engraved money clips...custom knives, to great food products. I will be starting to contact Upland Ad Sponsors and Members, and will start the dedicated Auction Forum soon. I will include links to past Auctions so Members get an idea of what's typically available to bid on, and to see if they have anything they would like to offer for bidding. Stay tuned!
Skybuster

2017 Midwest UJ Fest/Shoot

Skybuster

Rules of Engagement, 2017 Midwest UJ Fest

As last year, this event will be held at Wild Wings in Lomira WI Friday –Sunday on the 2nd weekend of June (9-11). The coveted UJ Cup event will consist of 100 targets, any gauge, and you may select your top two scores (50 per round). Shooting begins when you get there and ends Saturday at 4:00PM. You may shoot as many 50 target rounds as you like and take the best two scores. There are two triggers per stand so you may take the clays as report or true pair; your choice.

Given that Wild Wings is a popular club we can expect several shooters on the course that are not part of our group. To keep things moving, you must shoot only 50 targets per round. Each score sheet is divided in half to allow for two shooters per sheet. Our group will be using colored score sheets as opposed to the club’s standard white. Score sheets will be collected at the sign-in counter and placed in a box for Saturday afternoon’s final tally. While guests are encouraged to participate, only UJ members will be eligible for awards. There will be awards for HOA, RU1,2,3,4. If there is a tie for HOA, a shoot-off is required at a stand to be determined.

This year we’ll have dinner Friday evening prepared at the lodge instead of car-pooling to a local restaurant and waiting for an hour to get a table.

I’ll need a head count for both Friday and Saturday dinner, along with lodging plans for both nights. The WW lodge has 8 beds and there is a motel in Lomira for those who appreciate a good night’s sleep. Trailer hook ups are available on site. PM me with any questions.

Skybuster

61bhs

I will be there Friday around noon .  I think I can talk my wife to join me again this year!  I can bring dove poppers along with the garlic.  Still shooting the 28!  We will stay in Lormira.

Grifish

There's a chance,albeit small, that Sam and I wiill attend.  Just a warning!

Skybuster

That would be great Grif... Jen and I would love to see you two.

JJ

fourtrax57

I'm in for two nites at the lodge. One bed. Be there friday by mid afternoon.

dogrunner

Jim as of right now I am not going to make it this year. 

delahunter834
11 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Does that mean you're heading east for more lessons?

Wes Stueber

Hey Skybuster!

How 'yo doing up there in Wisconsin?  Fine, I hope.  I just wanted to let you know ahead of time, Bev and I won't be able to make it up there w/ the dogs, to the Midwest UJ Fest - sorry?  We WANTED to drive up due to the great time we had last year.  You folks are THE best, showing us your hospitality - thank you!

I have to be in our city's annual Schweitzerfest parade the 2nd weekend in June,  marching w/ the VFW & American Legion members for two nights.  Then, we are to be @ the Traveling Vietnam Wall coming into a small town close by that weekend, also - that with the Vietnam Veterans of America organization.  A very busy weekend for us...!  I'm sure you can all understand?

Anyway, to all, have a great time and shoot well!  Hopefully, we will be able to make it in 2018?  All the best...

Wes

Skybuster

Hi Wes, you'll be missed. Your honoring of the vets and the memory of those who didn't make it home is definitely more important. I remember my trip to the wall in Washington with my wife; very emotional for us both. Her cousin's name is on the wall.

dogrunner
On 3/22/2017 at 7:46 PM, delahunter834 said:

Does that mean you're heading east for more lessons?

Not sure,   are you Qualified to give the lessons? ;)    If so I could use them before middle of June in preparation for a Big shoot. 

Brad Eden

Pinned and added to Board Calendar.

Skybuster
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:16 AM, dogrunner said:

John, be sure to check back in by June 1st, the deadline for buying the steaks for Saturday night! Hope you can find a way to make the event!

Skybuster

Please see my second post on this site.

tricker

Jim, not looking good for this kid.  I've got a motorcycle trip that weekend and my dad's also staying at my house for a training seminar with his pup.

Skybuster

Thanks Adam; you'll be missed.