FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
gjw

Alpha 100 - Point Notification Question

gjw

Hi all, I understand that this unit will notify you when you dog is on point. Is the notification thru vibrate or is there also a tone? I assume that the notification is thru the transmitter and not the collar. How long will the unit vibrate/beep (for lack of a better term) while you dog is on point?

I'd be running 1 dog only.

Was looking at the TEK 1.0, but on looking up some reviews, I don't think so.

Thanks so much!

Greg

Kansas Bound

You can setup many options but mine vibrates and tones at the transmitter once each.

gjw

Thanks!

huntemupruby

It is an expensive option, but you can also link the transmitter with the Garmin Fenix watch and it vibrates on your wrist and shows location and direction.

E.Young

The handheld vibrates and dings when the dog is on point, not sure if you can set it up to buzz/ring continuously, but standard it comes with one buzz and one tone. There is no option for the TT15 collar to beep on point, you'd need a separate beeper for that. The vibrate is plenty audible. 

shinbone

There are a few user-configurable options.  I have mine set to tone and vibrate when the dog goes on point.  It tones and vibrates just once for a point.

Also, I have the system configured to tone-only for 100yd, 150yd, and 200yd distances.  

I have a good idea where and what my dog is doing just by the tone/vibration.  Minimal need to ever look at the screen of the handheld unit, unless I want to know the precise location of the dog.

Not unique to GPS collars, but another beneift is that I’ve trained the dogs to recall when I tone the collar.  No more shouting or whistling to get the dog back.  I definitely like the quiet when I am hunting.

greg jacobs

Tone and vibrate once. I look to see which dog. It switches back to direction and distance. If the dog is moving again it was relieving itself.