FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GSPpurist

Garmin Products that communicate with Alpha.

GSPpurist

I have been researching products that will recieve communication from my dog collars/Garmin Alpha.   I have believe the Garmin Fenix will receive alerts when the dog is on point and direction/distance.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Is there another Garmin product that can do this?  Like the idea of locating others in my group while hunting.  

I frequently have others that hunt with me to include my wife and want them to know when the dogs are on point without the ability to correct them.  Also to use when skiing so we can find each other on the slopes.  

Thanks in advance.

huntemupruby

You can link multiple transmitters and assign it training and or tracking "rights". Expensive if you don't need the other transmitters functions. The Fenix does show a broadcast of the transmitters info. I am not sure how far the broadcast range is. It does work well for distance, but I have had (probably operator) errors on the dog direction to my Fenix. 

madduckdog

the vivo hr does too 

Hub
On 10/2/2017 at 9:34 AM, huntemupruby said:

You can link multiple transmitters and assign it training and or tracking "rights". Expensive if you don't need the other transmitters functions. The Fenix does show a broadcast of the transmitters info. I am not sure how far the broadcast range is. It does work well for distance, but I have had (probably operator) errors on the dog direction to my Fenix. 

That issue was fixed in an update to the software.  Pull down the latest version on both the Alpha itself and the app and you will be golden.  I seriously love using my Fenix with the Alpha.  Way better to be glancing at my wrist than trying to old onto the transmitter and the gun while walking through the field.