FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
blanked

Tesla passes Ford as second biggest in U.S.

Jazz4Brazo

I work for a Redwood City based company so I am often in the bay area...lots of e-cars and charging stations everywhere...so far have had 2 uber rides in a Tesla...just a very different world from here in NH 

Virgil Kane

Saw one.  It belongs to a guy down the street but he's kind of snooty so I guess the Tesla suits him.

Talk about weird and charging stations.  Last year I saw an electric motorcycle plugged into one of those charging stations.  If I remember it was a motorcycle called ZERO.  Looked like a nice bike but not something I would buy.

Virgil

Speedgoat44
On 4/4/2017 at 10:05 AM, Hub said:

Tesla's net income was 392 million last year....Fords was 4.6 Billion.  All market capitalization means is basically the market value of the outstanding shares of a company.  It just means a lot of people are betting on Tesla.

I'm one of them - I like their work around improving battery storage options which have applications which include transportation but go far beyond.

topdog1961
On April 4, 2017 at 0:05 PM, 406dn said:

I well remember the first Tesla I saw. It blew by me as it came off an on ramp to the Interstate. Pretty amazing acceleration.

It's stock valuation seems frothy to me. It may be the future of electric cars, or not. 

One of the new Teslas is the fastest car ever 0-60. Something insane like under two seconds. Your run of the mill Ferrari will blow it away past 60 though. 

Chukarman

Here in Northern California they are overtaking BMWs as 'the car to have'. My Landcruiser and F350 kind of stand out in my neighborhood ;-)

Cooter Brown
On 4/6/2017 at 10:29 AM, topdog1961 said:

One of the new Teslas is the fastest car ever 0-60. Something insane like under two seconds. Your run of the mill Ferrari will blow it away past 60 though. 

I bet my six cylinder 2004 F150 can beat that Tesla in a 300 mile race.

And a minor correction--there is no such thing as a "run of the mill Ferrari".

Just pickin' on you, TD.

sneem

The Tesla valuation is all built upon our tax dollars. Obama was funding anything having to do with the "new environmentalism." Musk sucked up millions in government subsidies and then used it to go public and line his pockets. He's doing the same thing with his space project. Our bucks. His pockets.

Brad Eden

Goes Political and it drives away. 

Kansas Bound
42 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Goes Political and it drives away. 

I see what you did there, clever