• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Brad Eden

Frustrated with Posting Photos?

Brad Eden

IMG_0019.JPG

Well, this new Board we converted to last summer offers drag and drop on computers, and find and choose from smart devices....to upload photos directly to the UJ Server and to Topics and Repies. (Like the photo above) That includes multiple photos at a time. Once loaded, you simply tap the thumbnail image in your Post field and the photo appears wherever your cursor is.

The new Board software isn't Open Source or Free, but Commercial software with a monthly license and data fee. So, naturally all the photo Uploads take up space I pay for every month. Not a problem. I have set parameters so any photo up to 6mb can be uploaded and all photos are resized to a web/screen friendly size so data quota stays manageable. And those able to use the Upload function have 100mb of storage space and can manage their own uploads. (A fellow Member has also coded a simple downsizing program for those with huge photos of 6mb and larger)

Here's the thing. In order to pay for that data and keep UJ online I enabled this Photo Upload feature for the Contributing Member Group or Members who have donated within the year. (You can see what Member Group you are in under Avatar in Posts or on your Profile.)

Info on becoming a Contributing Member (minimum donation of $25/year) with additional Priviliges including Uploading photos can be found here. UJ Member Groups/Priviliges Topic

Additional Info on the Photo Upload feature can be found here. Photo Uploading/Resizing Topic

PM me if any question. And thanks for looking, reading, etc.

Brad Eden

Bump to top.

Meridiandave

Is there any form of electronic payment?

dogrunner
1 minute ago, Meridiandave said:

Is there any form of electronic payment?

I use my credit card. 

Meridiandave

How?

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, Meridiandave said:

How?

There is a PayPal Donation function here: UJ PayPal Donations

Meridiandave

Thanks Brad.

Brad Eden

Pinned to Birddogs...

markbrit

I just used the drag/drop photo tool, very cool!

Gyrfolco

The photo upload definitely makes it worth the minimum donation if you like that kind of thing.