REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
bmeador

Hockey Tonight

Big Al

Another example of the prima donna young NHL player is Jonathan Druoin with the antics he pulled last year.  He seems to be getting over it.  He was fairly productive for the Lightning this year and his attitude was good.

And yes Jeff I do have to wonder about you being a Pens fan and all.:D

Ben Hong

Jeff your appreciation of the Canadian cultural influences in producing sensitive, tough and superbly athletic people is pretty bang on, but my Christ even we have to be constantly vigilant to prevent people, both the kids and the parents, from walking on the wild side. Many times we have had to quiet parents down from abusive language and behaviour as they watch their, our, kids play hockey. A constant battle.

But when my son was in hockey, some of us decided that both teams on the ice would be cheered for the good plays, regardless of score and side. Made for a calming effect, and got the parents laughing and enjoying the game more.

jeff88
19 hours ago, Big Al said:

And yes Jeff I do have to wonder about you being a Pens fan and all.:D

You wouldn't be the 1st!  

GO PENS!!

MN Tonester

Was hoping, as long as the Blues got past the Wild, that they might make it past this next round.  Looks like the Preds found a way to score that the Wild couldn't

jeff88

Brad, this is politics free!  Really, it is!

Found this great article about tonight's Caps/Pens hair pull that says a lot about being a die hard fan:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/04/27/the-one-speech-i-wrote-for-obama-that-i-didnt-believe-in-praising-the-penguins/?tid=pm_sports_pop&utm_term=.bbded238c426

MN Tonester

would love to see a Caps/Blues SC final.  Liking the caps because of the Oshie/Minnesota connection

Ben Hong

It will be Preds vs Oilers in the West final. Two allstar D and the best goalie not named Price will get the Preds to the semifinal dance with the Oilers...er..McDavid. He is THAT good.

in the East, it will be Pens vs Caps, but watch out for Ottawa. 

Pomoxis
1 hour ago, MN Tonester said:

would love to see a Caps/Blues SC final.  Liking the caps because of the Oshie/Minnesota connection

Plus Niskanen. I watched both of them come through here when they were in high school (Blue Devil and Warrior). Plus Nate Schmidt is playing well for the Caps. For the same reason, Im pulling for the Caps. 

Ben Hong

It will be Preds vs Oilers in the West final. Two allstar D and the best goalie not named Price will get the Preds to the semifinal dance with the Oilers...er..McDavid. He is THAT good.

in the East, it will be Pens vs Caps, then...

Ben Hong

Love them or hate them, Crosby showed last night he is considered the best player on the planet. PK Subban is just yur average, ho hum, superstar with a goal and 2 assists. To think that Montreal traded him away! Shea Weber... solid....

gunsrus
5 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

Love them or hate them, Crosby showed last night he is considered the best player on the planet. PK Subban is just yur average, ho hum, superstar with a goal and 2 assists. To think that Montreal traded him away! Shea Weber... solid....

You're up awful early .

Ben Hong

Dog!

Tom Avent

Here's a BOLD prediction(with logical reasoning......if there is such a thing within the chase for the Cup). The Caps will beat the Pens tomorrow night badly. They will then take both of the games in Pittsburgh and close the series out in 5 at home.

The stats showed they beat the Pens badly last night. They just made a couple of mistakes. I feel their locker room is ready to make the next leap and that defeat will awaken a sleeping beast. Quite frankly, except for the mistakes that the Pens capitalized on, they did not look as potent against the Caps as the young Leafs did. Plus, I'm sorry, Fluery can't duplicate the head stand from last night. He really was the only reason the Caps did not win by 2 or 3 goals.

Reilly Auld

Let's go Pens 

Marc
3 hours ago, Reilly Auld said:

Let's go Pens 

Typo?  Let's go PSens