• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
Wisconsin

Book authored by UJer "Wisconsin" now available

Wisconsin

IMG_0046.JPG

“Everyone needs a secret spot, or two - covert places we call our own - I have a couple.  No doubt, so do you.”

"Driving northbound last weekend on a two-lane highway, we were greeted by a contrasting light dusting of snow on open ground and still brilliant fall colors in the woods. We arrived Saturday afternoon at grouse camp, north of the tension zone and just shy of the south shores of Lake "Gitche Gumee". 

For the better part of a week, a cabin on an inland lake became home as Pastor Craig, No. 2 son and I pursued the king of upland game birds, the ruffed grouse – and his migrating cousin, the American woodcock – who both share northwood habitats of aspen, alder and hardwood."

"I met my first ruffed grouse as a teenager in the late 1960s. It exploded from a stand of scrub oak in Waushara County and sailed off unscathed – I stood mouth open, holding an empty shotgun shell and wondering what had just happened. It was my first ruffed grouse hunt during a “high” in their 10-year population cycle and now, forty years later, I found myself enjoying yet another high."

Those words come from one of 48 essays recently published in my book “Up the Creek”. Grouse and woodcock hunting, bird dogs and puppies, bird watching and country living – this book is a compilation of seasonal essays about outdoor life in rural Wisconsin.

Although available for sale on conventional internet locations, Brad has graciously agreed to allow me to share another outlet for UJers – signed copies with a portion of the proceeds to go back into the UJ coffers. In order to purchase an autographed copy of my book, send a check (made out to Ken M. Blomberg and UJ on the memo line) to Ken M. Blomberg, 2099 Mayflower Rd, Junction City, WI 54443. Cost for the 160 page paperback version is $12.99 plus $2.63 postage = $15.62. (WI residents add $.71 tax). Thank you in advance for your order. PM me with any questions.

studdog

any way to buy it other than snail mail?

Wisconsin

It is available on Amazon, but the only way I can track sales from UJers and make a donation back to Brad's operation is snail mail.

Ken

Brad Eden

Good stuff. My fellow columnist, friend, and and longtime UJer Wisconsin/Ken approached me about offering his new book to UJers. And being the gentleman that he is contacted me first to make sure that I/UJ was interested and compensated for any marketing efforts on the Board.

Of course. I often accomodate custom marketing efforts for books, DVD's etc that dont fall under the display or banner ad category. As was mentioned, the catch has always been the mechanism in tracking sales through UJ generated via online sales. Thus his offer to sign books and send via check/mail methods.

Ken is the real deal, and don't tell him this but I save all his columns in a folder in my email so I can peruse them and "glean" ideas for my own scribbles... 

bruski

Looks good, sticky question, what about international orders?

Don't know if the best way for payment or how much for postage etc.

RuffChaser

This is awesome. Can't wait to read it. A check will be in the mail soon. If we were driving back to see my wife's family soon I'd just swing by and save the postage since we drive through your little neck of the woods on the way to Kaukauna.

Brad Eden

Forum spin. Note that Ken has placed a Topic in Swap & Trade Forum on his new book.

ThreeDogs

Very cool! I'll get a copy

UplandHntr

Checks in the mail

Don Steese
On 4/23/2017 at 9:02 AM, Wisconsin said:

IMG_0046.JPG

“Everyone needs a secret spot, or two - covert places we call our own - I have a couple.  No doubt, so do you.”

"Driving northbound last weekend on a two-lane highway, we were greeted by a contrasting light dusting of snow on open ground and still brilliant fall colors in the woods. We arrived Saturday afternoon at grouse camp, north of the tension zone and just shy of the south shores of Lake "Gitche Gumee". 

For the better part of a week, a cabin on an inland lake became home as Pastor Craig, No. 2 son and I pursued the king of upland game birds, the ruffed grouse – and his migrating cousin, the American woodcock – who both share northwood habitats of aspen, alder and hardwood."

"I met my first ruffed grouse as a teenager in the late 1960s. It exploded from a stand of scrub oak in Waushara County and sailed off unscathed – I stood mouth open, holding an empty shotgun shell and wondering what had just happened. It was my first ruffed grouse hunt during a “high” in their 10-year population cycle and now, forty years later, I found myself enjoying yet another high."

Those words come from one of 48 essays recently published in my book “Up the Creek”. Grouse and woodcock hunting, bird dogs and puppies, bird watching and country living – this book is a compilation of seasonal essays about outdoor life in rural Wisconsin.

Although available for sale on conventional internet locations, Brad has graciously agreed to allow me to share another outlet for UJers – signed copies with a portion of the proceeds to go back into the UJ coffers. In order to purchase an autographed copy of my book, send a check (made out to Ken M. Blomberg and UJ on the memo line) to Ken M. Blomberg, 2099 Mayflower Rd, Junction City, WI 54443. Cost for the 160 page paperback version is $12.99 plus $2.63 postage = $15.62. (WI residents add $.71 tax). Thank you in advance for your order. PM me with any questions.

I'm writing a rubber check as we speak! Can't wait to read it!!

Wisconsin

Thanks Don!

Brad Eden

Sounds like some UJers are purchasing Kens new book. That's awesome.

UplandHntr

Received my book today, thx Ken! And thanks for the nice inscription! 

Coalman

Got mine Saturday Ken. Thanks for your kind words on the inside cover.

Looking forward to the read.

Brad Eden

To top...