FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Crazy Horse

Housmann's Hollow SxS Shoot:

gaberdeen

I got my 15 seconds of fame last year from Paul's video. Me and Polecat make a brief appearance in the background.

Irish Joe

I missed last year, but plan on being there this year.

Grifish

I'll be ther Friday and Saturday oo

Are we all shooting Foxes?

Crazy Horse

I'll be toting my Sterlingworth 16. RST shells will be there I wonder if I can shoot their 2 1/2 shells in my Fox that I had the chambers bored out to 2 3/4? Any thoughts???

Oh, I'll also be wearing my UJ Woodcock hat.

tut
2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I'll be toting my Sterlingworth 16. RST shells will be there I wonder if I can shoot their 2 1/2 shells in my Fox that I had the chambers bored out to 2 3/4? Any thoughts???

Oh, I'll also be wearing my UJ Woodcock hat.

Shoot away.  Lots of folks shoot their 2.5" shells in their 2 3/4" guns.  You can always go shorter then chamber, length, you just can't go the other way.

brushbuster

I'll bring my Sterly 20 with insanely tight chokes.  I picked up some 20 Ga 2.5 inch  3/4 oz doublewide from Polywad and want to see if that opens them up a bit.

IMG_2477.JPG

Crazy Horse
1 hour ago, brushbuster said:

I'll bring my Sterly 20 with insanely tight chokes.  I picked up some 20 Ga 2.5 inch  3/4 oz doublewide from Polywad and want to see if that opens them up a bit.

IMG_2477.JPG

Looks like those chokes work just fine on Roosters.  ;~)

jpari

Forgive me for saying, but, I don't own a Fox shotgun.  So, I will have to shoot the only SxS that I have, an English Christopher Bonehill SLE.  I hope that you Fox guys will allow me to shoot with you.

Crazy Horse
6 minutes ago, jpari said:

Forgive me for saying, but, I don't own a Fox shotgun.  So, I will have to shoot the only SxS that I have, an English Christopher Bonhill SLE.  I hope that you Fox guys will allow me to shoot with you.

Since you'll be toting an English gun, will you also be properly attired???  ;~)

jpari

Sorry, but, I still have a modicum of self respect.  I will be normally attired.

Crazy Horse
18 minutes ago, jpari said:

Sorry, but, I still have a modicum of self respect.  I will be normally attired.

Whewwww, very happy to hear that.  ;~)

studdog

Crazy Horse, Wish Cheryl and I could attend but I doubt it.  Too much fun stuff going on.  I'm doing the 16 gauge shoot with my Fox XE.  A couple weeks before and we're doing the Great Northern a couple weeks after.  Shoot well!  George

Crazy Horse

Looks like you and Cheryl have a tight schedule. Here's hoping you folks shoot well. We'll be thinking of you while we ponder our misses.  ;~)

brushbuster

For those folks who plan to purchase RST at the show I would recommend you contact them in advance to preorder and let them know what day you will pick up.  Couple of years ago they ran out of some selections.

Looking forward to it!

Grifish

Hey Dennis,

Did you get your triggers lightened up?