• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Auto-5

Interesting turkey hunting story on local tv

Auto-5

The local tv station aired a video shot by a couple of turkey hunters  this morning. A young buck deer  came wondering up on these guys hunting. It walked right up to them to a point where they reached out and scratched it ears. Said it hung around about 20 minutes before wondering off. 

Brad Eden

Cute, but I cringe when I hear stories and videos like this being fed to the non-hunting public. It's like all the suburban wild turkeys and deer that people consider pets because they have habituated so well to people and neighborhoods. Makes those of us who hunt them seem like Elmer Fudds. The general public who don't live rurally and see that these same critters can be very wild and challenging think we just walk up to them and kill them. Hardly the case. Sorry to be a buzzkill.

WPG Gizmo

Yeah the video was on the morning news walked right up to the blind sniffed the barrel of the shotgun cool to be that up close and personal but at the same time it does send a bad message to the non hunting public