• Announcements

• Brad Eden

WELCOME NEW UJ MEMBERS   06/25/2017

It seems the word is out and UJ is enjoying a steady stream of newly Registered Members. Welcome to all of you, and we are all looking forward to your positive participation. I strongly suggest you review the Board Guidelines that have been in place since 2002. The most significant thing being that UJ is a NO POLITICS BOARD. LInk:  UJ BOARD GUIDELINES   Also UJ stays afloat mainly through Member Donations. Once a Donation is made you are placed in the Contributing Member Group with extra Priviliges. I am getting very few new Donations so hopefully this will spur that on a bit. Link:  New Members/Donations/Priviliges
Irishwhistler

"THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN"

Irishwhistler

Aye Mates,

So, we made a run up to New Hampshire to see the litter of TRAD x MAGGIE, aka "THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN".  T'is an amazing thing how pups just seem to bring out true joy in folks.  MAGGIE has been an incredible mom and all seven pups are healthy and active (now five weeks old).  The litter consists of four yellow and three black Labrador pups, all are males with the exception o' two yellow females.  I had a blast watching me good Mates Bill and Maria bewitched by the two yellow females, one o' the two will be going home with them in three weeks.  They have first selection o' the two females so their choice won't be a difficult one outside o' the fact that they are both beautiful.  So here's a glimpse o' these awesome British Labrador pups to melt ye hearts.

DSC03019Resized.thumb.jpg.706267e9209a45b366f935b0bbf68820.jpg

Norm and Katherine along with their daughter Amelia have done an outstanding job of early socialization and these pups sought to engage with us throughout the visit.

DSC03021Resized.thumb.jpg.dc6dd104183f2b9b553d47931ad5d772.jpg

Handsome and inquisitive, a grand combination.

DSC02990Resized.thumb.jpg.767eb033c0aa5777ba45aa29690e93e2.jpg

"THE RIGHT STUFF" - very interested in feathers and bird scent as driven by their precious DNA.

DSC02981Resized.thumb.jpg.ecf4ba2545884b6192b779d06bb8072d.jpg

A sign of great things to come.

DSC02988Resized.thumb.jpg.dbc9995d13c98c961ba3c7022eb1c055.jpg

Imparting trust, the hand o' THE DOG WHISTLER is extended to this wee pup.  A soft mouth is a wonderful trait.

DSC03012Resized.thumb.jpg.938d8ecd2956acccb356ae062dd2e931.jpg

"THE DOG WHISTLER"  - A sucker for beautiful girls.

P1040093ResizedResized.thumb.jpg.53ef68ffef641e4a589ff5e2dfa8ca94.jpg

A wonderful day had amongst friends gathering to oogle o'er seven wee bundles o' fur, hope is high they will all become outstanding gun dogs.  Left to right Dave aka "Coalman", Bill and Maria ( soon to be owners of a yellow TRAD X MAGGIE female pup), Norm and Katherine (owners o' MAGGIE), and meself - "THE DOG WHISTLER" a most fortunate human companion to the wonder lad TRAD.  Missing from the photo is Miss K - photographer o' this shot and the bride o' Coalman, and Norm and Katherine's lovely daughter Amelia and her boyfriend Emery.  The entire group topped off the day with a wonderful dinner and grog shared amongst dog folks.

Cheers,

THE DOG WHISTLER

DSC02979Resized.JPG

Fire Marshal Bill

So which one did Bill and Maria pick? The two yellow ones look actually alike! 

gunsrus

Looks like a great time . Damn those pups are cute !

GB Jack

I have a Brit myself, I have never had a more obedient, easily trained, or affectionate dog

Irishwhistler
1 hour ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

So which one did Bill and Maria pick? The two yellow ones look actually alike! 

They have it narrowed down and will be heading up in three weeks to bring the lass home.

Mikey

Larry Brown

If they're British, does that mean they take time out for tea while hunting?  That's why pointers are now just pointers rather than English pointers.  When we told them they were English, they insisted on tea time.  I make sure to stress to my setter that he's Llewellin so I don't have to put up with that nonsense.

Craig Conroy

They're at that fun age, alright.  There's nothing cuter.  That's going to be a choice that can't be wrong.  British Labs do seem to be a bit different.  I'm on my first, after 5 of our American strain, originally because I wanted a smaller dog (Dougal, the last one I picked from a litter, grew up to a playing weight of 96 lbs.  While doing a little Canoe practice prior to his first fall, he tipped me over so fast the first thing to enter the water was my hat O.o).  Sloane weighs 55 lbs at 1 1/2 years, and has a totally different way about her - that I really like.  However, her ancestors are from Ireland, so tea comes second ;).

gaberdeen

Too much cuteness!

Irishwhistler
2 hours ago, Larry Brown said:

If they're British, does that mean they take time out for tea while hunting?  That's why pointers are now just pointers rather than English pointers.  When we told them they were English, they insisted on tea time.  I make sure to stress to my setter that he's Llewellin so I don't have to put up with that nonsense.

Negative on "tea time" Larry.  TRAD is ALL business when it comes time to hunting and those UJ members that have hunted o'er him will confirm that.

Mikey

dogrunner

The one standing on the decoy looks like is ready to go right now. 

Irishwhistler
2 hours ago, dogrunner said:

The one standing on the decoy looks like is ready to go right now. 

Won't be going home for another 3 weeks.

mister grouse
3 hours ago, Larry Brown said:

Bad news Larry---Llewellyn setters have British origin too if you believe Laverack (?) was a true Brit, and the dogs haven't had all that Royalty bred out of them over here by mere peasant bird hunters...Id give mine crumpets and tea if they ask for it, and I bet you would too.:D

Larry Brown

Well MG . . . my setter and my shorthair do occasionally growl and snap at each other.  Obviously the British/German thing at work. :)

Irishwhistler

Larry,

Me Irish / British bloodlines Labrador kicks his own arse.  ???

Mikey☘️