• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Brad Eden

MESSAGE CHECK TIME...

Brad Eden

It seems the Message System on this new Board is sometimes missed. I suspect its individuals Notification settings. When I get a Message I have it set so there is a round red alert icon next to the Envelope/Link at upper right of Board. You can also set it so you get a Ding sound when a new message is there. Click your name on upper right, Choose Account Settings and then Notification settings to customize notifications.

Why a problem?

I send out Group Messages at the beginning of every month to Contributing Members. One is to let current Contributing Members know that they are up for voluntary renewal. The other is a "Member Group Change Notice" group message to Contributing Members from the previous month who chose not to renew, forgot, or missed the Renewal message...so they won't be surprised (or pissed) when they see their Member Group and Contributing Member privileges have changed.

I can see that many Members included in both those Renewal and Group Change messages, although active, haven't read those Messages.

So...

Please Check your Messages by clicking the Envelope icon on upper right on the Board to see if you received either of those Group Messages or any Messages from other Members. If anybody is not sure of their Member Group look at your Profile page or under your Name/Avatar on Posts you have made.

If any Member is interested in being added to the Contributing Member Group with enhanced Privileges, including the ability to upload photos directly to the UJ server/Posts see this Topic: Member Groups/Priviliges Topic which includes info links to payment info.

Hopefully, these occasional/monthly Admin Posts aren't too annoying or come across as begging, but this is how I keep this Upland resource online.

Thanks for looking!

Brad Eden

Forum spin...

Brad Eden

Forum Spin 2

Jazz4Brazo

Message related question...if someone likes or quotes one of my posts I get both a message as well as a the red notification alert. If I click the message it takes me to post but still leaves the notification alert intact and I have to open that notification also to make it go away...anyway to fix this requirement to do both go away?

Tks,

J4B 

Brad Eden
48 minutes ago, Jazz4Brazo said:

Message related question...if someone likes or quotes one of my posts I get both a message as well as a the red notification alert. If I click the message it takes me to post but still leaves the notification alert intact and I have to open that notification also to make it go away...anyway to fix this requirement to do both go away?

Tks,

J4B 

Should be able to customize those Notifications by clicking your name on upper right, choose account settings then notification settings over on right. Scroll down list of options.

Brad Eden

Bumpadump