dogrunner

Older classic cars and trucks.

garyRI
3 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Can't remember exactly, early to mid 70's I think. I talked about it in an earlier thread on Scouts. 

It is a Scout II and the sheet metal was the same from 71 to 80 when IH shut down the Light Line.

Here is my bench seat 79 4 cyl Scout. It is my summer car. No windows, top or carpets. Will always be flat black. Old trucks are a fun hobby. Not reliable transportation, but I get a ton of compliments per dollar value. 

IMG_0556.JPG

apachecadillac

Okay, cult vehicles.

Hands down, the IH Scout is a cult vehicle.  At this point, Jeep is a brand, not a a cult vehicle.  I'd say the original Ford Bronco and the K-5 Blazer (both from the 70s) are cult vehicles from that era.  From the 90s, I'll offer up the two door Tahoe (mostly because I saw one beautifully restored in the Cabela's parking lot in Utah a couple of summers ago, otherwise, honestly not sure it really qualifies, and it was just a rebadged K-5, as I understand) and the Toyota Land Cruiser (a buddy of mine, a Indian Health Services Physician who spends a great deal of time in the Navajo Nation, has a quarter of a million  miles on one, emphatically not restored, and most of those miles are off pavement, but not off road, of course).  IMHO, the FJ Cruiser is a marketing ploy playing off the Land Cruiser, not a serious cult vehicle nominee.  Sorry Toyota.

So, other cult vehicle nominations?  Not sure if Hong's Crusader tank from his days serving Her Majesty the Queen with a NATO armo(u)red division stationed in Germany counts, but otherwise the field is open . . .

Grifish

I've kinda been looking for a Jeep Commando or a Chevy CUCV it has been a $ or rust kinda proposition.  

Greg, it is kinda like wanting or owning a Model 42 Winchester! 

Sage Hen

We have his and hers jeeps now but there is a jeep commando sitting with a bunch of old trucks in a farmers junk yard down the dirt road from our place. It calls my name at times and it's all there(I've looked) even the glass is good. I haven't talked to the guy, like I said we already have two.

garyRI

Both of my Texas located SILs are looking for an older hobby truck. They are fortunate in that their wives, my daughters, are used to having old vehicles around. I have advised them to look for early K5s. I know where to find any IH part I need but it is just easier to find someone to work on an old GMC product.

dogrunner

This was a nice one. 

IMG_5643.JPG

Bloodhound

I have loved driving vintage trucks for the same reason that I love shooting old shotguns and fishing old fly rods and reels...its just fun.  That said my daily driver and the vehicle I get in when I need to make a trip is a 2016 Toyota.  But I whined when some bozo opend his door into my right rear fender last month...

Oh well...my uncle, who was a used car salesman, used to say, "they are only paint and iron...wait 5 min, there will be another one along"

Don Steese

Give me a fully loaded vintage Jeep Grand Wagoneer and I'll be a happy man! The Cadillac of SUV's! They also have a cult following!

dogrunner

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

Virgil Kane
35 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

IMG_2819.JPG

Champs has a flat !  :D

Nice looking T-Bird

bill
On May 31, 2017 at 10:21 PM, Webbster said:

I am the best man in my youngest brother's wedding this weekend. As I make the finishing touches on my speech it made me wonder what the collaborative UJ brain trust would give for marriage advice. So, if you had one piece of marriage advice - what would it be? Serious is good - funny is preferable. No promises - but if it's good you might make it into the speech.

bill

yeah i could work on those old trucks now got have a computer before u even start

Craig Conroy

I have no photos of this rig, unfortunately.  About 30 years ago, I guy who had a deer camp near where we hunt built a hunting car by fitting a model A Ford Sedan Delivery body on to a Scout chassis.  It looked good, and worked pretty well for them.  The area Game Warden flagged them down just to look at it.

Hammergun

Here's my classic 1969 Series IIa. It was restored by East Coast Rovers in 1998 and I bought it used in 2007. It was meant to become my classic shooting car for bird hunting. But I learned pretty quick that I couldn't get to the coverts very fast and it's not secure. So it's just my fun ride. We just took it on a road trip for the weekend and it was fun. 

IMG_2896.JPG

gunsrus

Not real old but just picked up this '99 Tahoe 2 door a few months ago . Southern car , no rust . The plan was to leave it up in Maine as my ''grouse mobile'' but I really get a kick out of driving it and have had numerous compliments . 

IMG_0721.JPG