FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
dogrunner

Older classic cars and trucks.

chilly460

Helped my buddy rebuild a Spitfire in high school, too young to remember or know what we were doing but we did get it back together.  I remember breaking the crank nut lose, we used an old flagpole as our cheater bar, that thing was TIGHT.  Fun little car but as well known, the electrical situation left something to be desired, remember the wipers dying on us and having to keep it above 30mph for the RainX to work...fun times.  

Dakota Dogman
3 hours ago, SODAKer said:

My dad had a 73 IS truck. Practically gave it to me but then it was rusted out in the bed etc but I just didn't have the money or time to get into a restoration. Kinda wish I had hung on to it now. 

I just earn-herited another Scout II if someone just can't live without one to fix up.  I just don't need a 4th one right now!

God bless,

dogrunner

A893E87A-02A0-45EE-84B8-A2DD92141FE1.jpeg

Rockdoc
17 hours ago, dogrunner said:

A893E87A-02A0-45EE-84B8-A2DD92141FE1.jpeg

A 55 T-Bird was my first car, of course it was all rusted to hell from living in the Chicago area. 55's are easy to differentiate from 56's. No side air vents in front of the doors, rear bumper mounted "rocket" exhausts, stamped aluminum triangles above the rear tail lights and under the hood is a 6 volt electrical system.

BTW the aluminum triangles were often traded for the cast zinc triangles used on the 56's.

Steve

Rockdoc

dH9df5X.jpg

Irishwhistler

lb9qpOyoSmupLDyCHeRpKg_thumb_45c0.jpeg 
BARN TREASURE

Aye Mates,
I was roving about with me camera when I spotted this old Hudson peeking out from this old garage on a farm in my town. The color was nearly a pastel light blue. I was left to wonder if she still runs.

Cheers,
Mike

dogrunner

It sounded good. 

C2FB95BC-AD66-43F0-8918-B61970639A94.jpeg

Rockdoc

iObcLUN.jpg

Colorado International Harvester yard art.

9k9tGih.jpg

Bannack Montana ghost town yard art.

Rockdoc

SqKi1hG.png

A photo taken in 1975 of my late wife Gail about to go out shopping (hence the big smile) in her Triumph TR4A sports car. When I got it for her I told her "consider this your Town Car" (as in don't drive it outside of Menlo Park where we lived at the time). Of course being Gail she didn't listen to me and promptly drove it south to Monterey and almost made it back too until the mechanical fuel pump crapped out on it about 5 miles from home. Of course when I told her not to drive it out of town it was the Lucas electronics I was worried about, those old TRs had pretty stout engines and drivetrains. The good news was I was able to strap a 2 gallon gas can on top of the hood and by running a syphon hose to the engine I drove it home.

Steve

topdog1961

Shared here before:

Q:. Why do the Britsh drink warm beer?

A:. They have Lucas refrigerators. 

Rockdoc

I see these old cars and have to fight the urge not to get one. Then I think about obtaining parts while broken down somewhere in the boonies and the urge to actually buy one passes. However, lately I’ve been on the lookout for an old Ford E150 van with the 4.9 liter (300 ci) straight 6 and a manual transmission. I missed one last month selling for $650. I’ve worked on the predecessor 240 ci straight 6 Ford engine several times in the past and with 7 main bearings and cast iron heads the damn things are bomb-proof, just the thing for someone like me who likes to explore.

Steve

Jakeismydog2
5 hours ago, Rockdoc said:

I see these old cars and have to fight the urge not to get one. Then I think about obtaining parts while broken down somewhere in the boonies and the urge to actually buy one passes. However, lately I’ve been on the lookout for an old Ford E150 van with the 4.9 liter (300 ci) straight 6 and a manual transmission. I missed one last month selling for $650. I’ve worked on the predecessor 240 ci straight 6 Ford engine several times in the past and with 7 main bearings and cast iron heads the damn things are bomb-proof, just the thing for someone like me who likes to explore.

Steve

those 300 6's are stout.