FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
dogrunner

Older classic cars and trucks.

dogrunner
12 hours ago, Virgil Kane said:

Champs has a flat !  :D

Nice looking T-Bird

Yep he was not to happy. This was Champs. 

IMG_2827.JPG

Eric Rinehart
10 hours ago, Hammergun said:

Here's my classic 1969 Series IIa. It was restored by East Coast Rovers in 1998 and I bought it used in 2007. It was meant to become my classic shooting car for bird hunting. But I learned pretty quick that I couldn't get to the coverts very fast and it's not secure. So it's just my fun ride. We just took it on a road trip for the weekend and it was fun. 

IMG_2896.JPG

Hammergun, 

This is my dream "get around the back roads" rig.  I'm partial to old Rovers.    I must have been British in a past life - English Setters, Triumph Spitfire, Webley and Scott shotgun.  

Dakota Dogman
12 hours ago, Hammergun said:

IMG_2896.JPG

Yours is a lot prettier than mine!  Ours is the pickup cab, the original SHORT bed.  Dad bought ours after it went through the Rapid City flood in '72.  Body got beat up pretty bad, but boy was it fun to put around in the hills!  Put it in 4 low and then glass for deer as you were driving....

Then my Jr. year in High school we had some motor problems & since then it has been sitting at the farm.  It is on my to do list, but $ for ANOTHER toy truck hasn't happened yet.  Maybe someday... Thinking a Toyota 22re would go in nice & neat... 

God Bless, 

dogrunner

My boss drove in his 65 convertible 442. 

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG

Dakota Dogman

He took up two parking spaces?  Who does he think he is?  ohh.. yeah... you said the "Boss" :D

God Bless,

Ben Hong

My very first (used car) Just got commissioned in the Canadian Army, 1963. Armoured Corps. then Sigs. Top of the world at $135/month. My roomie, the Rhodes Scholar was leaving for Oxford, He wanted $950 for this 1960 Austin Healey Sprite but I waited at the airport departure gate and handed him $350 Cash. The language that he uttered was not befitting our officer and gentleman status. He heaved the keys at me. Buh-bye!

1960_Austin_Healey_Sprite_For_Sale_Front_1.JPG

dogrunner

Just seen this the guy said it's a 1983 all original. Pretty cool. 

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

Chukarman

Here is my 80 series Lnadcruiser at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

80_at_North_Rim.JPG

dogrunner

Here's a side view. 

IMG_1465.JPG

Dakota Dogman

That's the LONG bed... got to love it.  Saw one of those in Alaska on one of the Islands waiting for love.

God Bless, 

Wyobirds

1986 Bertone X19

DSC_0041-2_zpsb8f32585.jpg

Dave in Maine
On 6/13/2017 at 10:49 AM, apachecadillac said:

Okay, cult vehicles.

Hands down, the IH Scout is a cult vehicle.  At this point, Jeep is a brand, not a a cult vehicle.  I'd say the original Ford Bronco and the K-5 Blazer (both from the 70s) are cult vehicles from that era.  From the 90s, I'll offer up the two door Tahoe (mostly because I saw one beautifully restored in the Cabela's parking lot in Utah a couple of summers ago, otherwise, honestly not sure it really qualifies, and it was just a rebadged K-5, as I understand) and the Toyota Land Cruiser (a buddy of mine, a Indian Health Services Physician who spends a great deal of time in the Navajo Nation, has a quarter of a million  miles on one, emphatically not restored, and most of those miles are off pavement, but not off road, of course).  IMHO, the FJ Cruiser is a marketing ploy playing off the Land Cruiser, not a serious cult vehicle nominee.  Sorry Toyota.

So, other cult vehicle nominations?  Not sure if Hong's Crusader tank from his days serving Her Majesty the Queen with a NATO armo(u)red division stationed in Germany counts, but otherwise the field is open . . .

There was a guy in my neighborhood a couple years ago with a 1960-something Dodge Power Wagon, still in US Forest Service livery.  

Ben Hong
On 2017-06-13 at 11:49 AM, apachecadillac said:

Okay, cult vehicles

So, other cult vehicle nominations?  Not sure if Hong's Crusader tank from his days serving Her Majesty the Queen with a NATO armo(u)red division stationed in Germany counts, but otherwise the field is open . . .

Sheesh, I am not that old! The Crusader , Rolling Coffin, was taken out of service during WWll. The Panzers were using it for target practice. My ride was the Centurion, probably the best tank used during the cold war, especially in the many conflicts that the Israelis fought. It was so good and deadly that the Arab countries that used the Russian T 54, T 62 and T 72 retrofitted back up lights on them. I believe that it is still being used by some countries. 

Greg Hartman
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, Ben Hong said:

My very first (used car) Just got commissioned in the Canadian Army, 1963. Armoured Corps. then Sigs. Top of the world at $135/month. My roomie, the Rhodes Scholar was leaving for Oxford, He wanted $950 for this 1960 Austin Healey Sprite but I waited at the airport departure gate and handed him $350 Cash. The language that he uttered was not befitting our officer and gentleman status. He heaved the keys at me. Buh-bye!

1960_Austin_Healey_Sprite_For_Sale_Front_1.JPG

Now THAT is a classic vehicle I would like to own!

Hammergun
17 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Here's a side view. 

IMG_1465.JPG

Great truck. Get it. I love mine.