• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Kemo Sabe

Kerry Luft lights up the US FITASC Gran Prix

Kemo Sabe

Our own Kerry Luft won AA Class at the US FITASC Gran Prix this weekend. He also beat a number of the top elite shooters in Master Class, with an amazing 175x200!

What's breath  taking is that he had a 98x100 on four of the par cours. That my friends is world class shooting.

For those who don't know Kerry, he's put a lot of time, effort, and hard work into getting to this point. He's taken lessons from the best, and put in hours of time and burnt thousands of bullets in his quest to make it to the top. His practice time is always done with purpose, and he is extremely good at identify what the targets are doing, and making a plan to destroy them.

Congrats, amigo. Job well done!!!

Rex Hoppie

He has my admiration.

Cooter Brown

I saw this in the other thread...congrats to Kerry!  And he did it with what Hartman calls a machine gun!

Kerry's also been very generous with his advice around here and I know I've benefited.

Jazz4Brazo

Congrats Keryy!!

Jakeismydog2

Congrats Kerry! It's always great to see hard work pay off. 

KerryLuft

Thanks, fellas.  What Kemo generously fails to mention is that I shot a rotten 77 x 100 on the other four parcours, and that sucks.

More work to be done ... and yes, it will be done with a machine gun. :D

gaberdeen

Congrats Kerry!

Brad Eden

Kerry has always been a positive participant and supporter here on UJ. Class act and apparently a lights out shooter to boot.

Greg Hartman

Wow! Kerry, that is stunning - congratulations.  I know that didn't "just happen" but took a ton of focused dedication and work.

KerryLuft

Thank you again.

Greg, you will know this because you have met him, but I couldn't have done this without Anthony Matarese.  Beginning six years ago, he built me up progressively, first in some fundamentals, then refinements and now, we work on some very specific things that have made a huge difference but would have been worthless before I achieved a certain level of proficiency.

The nice thing about it is that his help is available to anyone provided they have the time (and the funds) to take the lessons and to do the work. I am not an especially "gifted" shooter, but with the proper coaching and plan, anyone can improve.

(and yes, my bird shooting is better too as a result).

rawhide
  • I applaud your accomplishment in this win----but also I commend you for having and implementing a plan that included coaching and focused practice and for having  the determination and discipline to keep at it to reach this level of performance.   I am reminded of  Ben Hogan's quip when someone suggested he was lucky to have won a golf tournament:  "The harder I work, the luckier I get."  Wish you well going forward.

DennisMcFeely

Wow, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment.

Skybuster

Hi Kerry, and congratulations on your achievement. I presume "machine gun" means semi-auto. Sooner or later those double gun clay shooters will come around to a softer shooting semi. Love my Fabarm. Dan Schindler told me sooner or later a competitor will come around to "one gun, one load, one choke."

KerryLuft

Yep.  I shoot a 391.  Modified choke for just about everything.  And while I've been switching between 8s and 7 1/2s, and am convinced that 8s will break stuff a long, LONG ways out there, I am thinking about going to 7 1/2s exclusively just to eliminate one more variable in my thought process.

dogrunner

Congrats Kerry you did a great job on World class targets. If I wasn't shooting at the same time I would have liked to watch you grind them up. After shooting long targets before and after this weekend I still like 8s on long targets for the extra pellet strikes unless I have to shoot more at the dome, than 7 1/2s seem to do a better job or if I'm shooting rabbits.