• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Texasphez

Mountain Goat

Texasphez

Ran up to Denver last weekend to meet my taxidermist and pick up my mountain goat mount. Had an interesting night in the hotel we were at, some jack@$$ pulled the fire alarm resulting in the sprinkler system going off and flooding the hotel, resulting in us getting kicked out for the night and having to find an alternative place to stay. Lots of fun! 

Anyway made it back home and got him hung up thought I'd share a picture.

image.jpg

dogrunner

Very cool. 

Brad Eden

Outstanding!

IsThisHeaven?

That's pretty cool

Virgil Kane

Nice!  :D

I just have a shoulder mount with my goat.

Horn size?

Virgil

polecat

Nice.

NC Quailhunter

Very nice.

UplandHntr

Wow is that nice! What state did you get him in?

Texasphez
46 minutes ago, Virgil Kane said:

Nice!  :D

I just have a shoulder mount with my goat.

Horn size?

Virgil

He's not a huge goat, 8 and just a little, but he was haired up pretty nice, and in a "good" spot on the last day so...

11 minutes ago, UplandHntr said:

Wow is that nice! What state did you get him in?

Shot him in British Columbia last fall while my brother and I were stone sheep hunting. My brother shot his ram the second day we were there and then we had bad weather roll in and got stuck in camp for 5 days and couldn't hunt. Ended up with no sheep for me, but got him, and he's a nice trophy. 

floodcity

Great goat.

hobbes

Great looking mount.  Congrats on the goat.

Just an FYI..... I think the hotel staff was full of it.  Pulling the fire alarm shouldnt activate the fire protection/sprinkler system but the other way around.  The pull handle is just an alarm.  If a sprinkler head goes off the alarm would sound.

Virgil Kane

Got mine in BC also, around the Prince Rupert area. Climbing on those wet mountain sides is like climbing on grease. LOL

A few years ago but it's an honest 11" Billie.  Got him with my Black Widow recurve and Zwickey Eskimo.  Got rain/fogged in like you for 5 days001.thumb.jpg.afc4e8deab8c9d673d80484e04e528b9.jpg

20170628_071226.thumb.jpg.b89d6e2eddd316de63515525735ebfce.jpg

Tough animals !

Virgil

Texasphez

Wow now that's a goat! And with a recurve, hats off to you!

I hear ya on the climbing on grease part! I tell every person I talk to about him that I'm glad I got him so I never have to set foot in that godforsaken country they live in ever again, but guess I'm a glutton for punishment cause after seeing my brothers sheep I don't think I can leave that one undone, so I'm going back!

image.jpg

Randy S

When I was young, I thought I was going to do it all. But it appears there's going to be a hell of a lot undone for me. Your goat's a very nice consolation prize!

Best of luck on your stone sheep hunt!

Virgil Kane

Hunting at altitude in the rocks is exhausting but addicting and I love it.  Being a flatlander makes it even more of a challenge on the limited time I have to spend in the mountains.  I didn't mind the goat hunt (except for slipping and falling face first down a mountain and landing on my face.)  and am trying to figure out if the Dahl in the scree mountains of the Wrangles was worse than hunting at over 1400 feet for my bighorn in outside of Gunnison in Colorado. I think at my mid 60's that I don't have a lot left for sheep hunting but twist my arm and I'm off training for the mountains once again. My youngest son want to go and I hope I can join him.

Good luck to you on your sheep hunt!

Virgil